J Crew skirt sizing

(8 Posts)
JohnCheese Thu 06-Oct-16 15:21:14

Can anyone help? I'm thinking of buying a skirt and wondering what size to buy. I'm a 10 in M&S skirts. Do J crew skirts run small/true/big to size?

TIA

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Thu 06-Oct-16 16:02:28

I'm wearing a size 4 wool No.2 Pencil Skirt right now (have the same in cotton in same size) and I am a UK 10 - would say they come up big.

JohnCheese Thu 06-Oct-16 16:37:16

Thanks, that's a great help.
Off to order even if it is a bit overpriced

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Thu 06-Oct-16 17:03:24

have you tried codes THANKME and THANKYOU?? grin

JohnCheese Fri 07-Oct-16 08:28:51

Thanks Blair. Yes I would indeed have tried those codes. But the bloody skirt was sold out by the time I got to order it yest! I knew sizes were limited yesterday but thought I was secure enough. Dang thing sold out in those very few hours!

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 07-Oct-16 09:06:55

Hate it when that happens! sad Was it the famous leopard skirt by any chance? wink

JohnCheese Fri 07-Oct-16 09:16:28

blush Indeed. Was going to sneak in a pleated pleather skirt too. Also gone! Wasn't my day. My bank is however, delighted!grin

Dulcimena Fri 07-Oct-16 09:48:08

Blair that's interesting that you're wearing a 4 in the No2 pencil. I'm a 10-12ish and have a 2 in the double serge wool version, which is close fitting but not skintight. I think it varies a lot between the different fabrics - I bought the same skirt in the same size from ebay, but in the 120s wool (??), and couldn't do it up blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now