Sainsburys TU sizing. Ludicrous question.

(6 Posts)
Runningupthathill82 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:02:50

Just been looking for a Halloween party outfit (for me) on the Sainsburys website and there's some great stuff in the kids section - which is half the price of the adult stuff!

What are my chances of fitting in the largest girls' size - age 12? I'm 5ft 5 and a size 8. Anyone got a DD of that age and tried to get in her clothes before?

I don't really want to order an outfit in and then trek to Sainsbos if there's no chance I'll even fit a leg in it...

This is the one I'm considering, over thick black tights:

https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Kids-Green-Spider-Witch-Costume-%283-12-years%29-/129800228-Green

PippilottaViktualia Thu 06-Oct-16 14:05:24

Have you looked at the size guide? Should give some measurements and give you a rough idea. I'd imagine age 12 is quite a bit smaller than an 8, surely?

mudandmayhem01 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:07:00

I am 5ft1 and a size 6-8 with a fairly flat chest. I have bought TU age 12 clothes mainly basic leggings and t shirts ( loads cheaper) and they fit perfectly.

PerspicaciaTick Thu 06-Oct-16 14:09:02

Looking at the TU size guide, a women's size 8 equates (very) roughly to a girls age 15.

HunterHearstHelmsley Thu 06-Oct-16 14:09:07

Kids clothes sizing correlate to an adult size. If I remember correctly aged 16 is a size 14, aged 15 is a 12 and so on!

Runningupthathill82 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:10:31

The size guide reckons a 30" chest and a 26" waist, so I might just get away with it?!

That sounds promising, mudandmayhem - I may be in luck, but it's the boob's that might be problematic.

Know it sounds tight to want to squeeze into children's clothes, but with that price difference I thought it might be worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now