Talk

Advanced search

Ladies let me tell you about cack handed me and the Asa Vea hot ceramic brush

(1 Post)
Gingermum Thu 06-Oct-16 13:14:14

I know there has been a thread about this before but I wanted to give an update.

I chose the AsaVea hot ceramic brush because it was £50 as opposed to £135 wanted for the Dafni brush, but also the AsaVea had a much larger number of reviews. The Dafni only had about eight when I checked.

I have thick wavy hair which is prone to frizz. When I say 'prone' I mean, if there is any damp in the air (100% likely in the UK) my hair goes all Crystal Tipps. Remember her?

I wash and condition my hair and normally let it dry naturally. When it's 100% dry, I just flip over my head and brush through. Flip back and brush again. It is SLEEK within FIVE MINUTES. Using the Babyliss takes me at least twenty minutes.

The only disadvantage I can think of is when I do a normal blow dry - I pull the sections taut and I can't work out how to do this with the Asa Vea so sometimes I go over the ends with a flat iron. I also don't have a fringe. But I heat it to 425 and that does my hair fine. It must be better for it than the constant scorching of flat irons or curling tongs.

If I want loose curls, I AsaVea it and then use curling tongs or heated rollers. Bottom line, I can look sleek and pulled together hair wise in five minutes as opposed to twenty.

I'm very happy with it.

AsaVea Straightener

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now