Talk

Advanced search

Evening gown/dress search

(11 Posts)
Pinkpiglet Tue 04-Oct-16 22:17:29

Hello
I'm looking for some suggestions from you lovely people.
I have been invited to a fancy awards ceremony and now I need a dress.
I don't want to look like I'm recycling a bridesmaid dress so I just wanted some suggestions of where to look for evening dresses.

I'm a size 10 and 5ft 4, so need to be careful with long dresses being too long. Budget would have to be £200 max.

Can you please think of some places for me to look other than the obvious of Coast/John lewis or house of Fraser.

Many thanks in advance

Pinkpiglet Wed 05-Oct-16 19:46:51

Is there anyone tonight that can help? X

dazzlingdeborahrose Wed 05-Oct-16 19:51:11

Hi there

Jenny Packham No 1 is stocked by Debenhams. I've got a few of her dresses and there lovely. I'm 5'4" and don't find them over long. Their debut range is nice too. Phase eight do a nice range called Collection 8. I've never bought anything because they are very long but they now do a collection 8 petit so that ma be suitable. I also like Biba in house of Fraser.

mrsclooneytoyou Wed 05-Oct-16 19:53:08

Asos petite are quite good

botemp Wed 05-Oct-16 19:54:25

What's the dress code? The Outnet is always good for evening dresses with a steep discount.

gettingtherequickly Wed 05-Oct-16 20:04:16

I love house of Fraser for evening gowns, not at all bridesmaidy. I have lots of events I have to attend for work and it is my go to place.

I bought this last week, very flattering style.

camena Wed 05-Oct-16 20:28:51

Would you hire a dress, eg?

fredabear Wed 05-Oct-16 20:35:05

through work I've had to attend a few of these recently and rely on house of fraser for some really good bargains

Pinkpiglet Wed 05-Oct-16 20:42:31

Thank you for the suggestions. There are some crazy priced dresses on Outnet, I particularly like the Oscar de la Renta (£££!!!).

There is a lovely glitzy Jenny Packham on at Debenhams that I'll order to try.

I would consider hiring but I really need to try dresses on so I'd have to use somewhere local.

Thank you all for your help

ladyformation Fri 07-Oct-16 14:14:16

I go to a lot of events that are black/white tie but like you have a limited budget. I've started to buy lots of vintage from sites like Etsy - I get much better quality for the money, saving enough to be able to get things tailored to fit (which always feels like a ridiculous luxury). And it gets rid of the fear that you'll turn up wearing the same dress as someone else...

Vintagegirl1 Fri 07-Oct-16 17:13:33

Deadly is the female has a couple of stunning long dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now