Talk

Advanced search

How long does your mascara last?

(12 Posts)
TooTweeOrNotTooTwee Tue 04-Oct-16 21:28:24

I seem to use mine for years months before buying a new one, but mostly because I fancy trying something new rather than it running out.

Does mascara ever run out? I wear it every day...

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 04-Oct-16 21:36:55

I am a contact lens wearer and chuck it religiously after three months. It generally starts to get clunky about then anyway, I think particularly as I wear waterproof. I am totally gung-ho about everything else, just paranoid about bacteria + eyes.

TooTweeOrNotTooTwee Tue 04-Oct-16 21:42:45

Do you know what, the bacteria angle ever occurred to me! But makes sense. I shall have to change more often..

TooTweeOrNotTooTwee Tue 04-Oct-16 21:43:05

*never

Darkswan Tue 04-Oct-16 21:44:55

I'm the same as you op, I tend to get new mascara just because I think "it's been a while since I bought some, better see what's out there" earlier this year I actually needed to replace it though! There was still some in there, but my lashes just weren't looking as dark or long.

Littlebee76 Tue 04-Oct-16 22:38:44

About 3 months for me before it starts drying then I get another smile

Tessticklesyourfancy Tue 04-Oct-16 22:42:26

My latest started to dry out after a month, it's a No7 one.

Littlebee76 Tue 04-Oct-16 22:44:24

I use lord & berry after trying almost every mascara on the market. I'm never swapping again it's amazing!

goiaba Tue 04-Oct-16 22:50:05

I change my mascaras every 6 months, but I just don't keep using only one but rotate between 3 options (I'm greedy for choice).

ZootSuit Tue 04-Oct-16 23:07:54

Which L&B mascara do you recommend Littlebee76?

Littlebee76 Wed 05-Oct-16 06:27:57

I use Lord & berry treatment & volumising mascara. Trust me I've tried so many different ones but this is my favourite by miles. I'm praying they never stop making it!
I did used to love one of the Dior mascaras but that started an allergic reaction after a few months of using which was weird.

PhoenixJasmine Wed 05-Oct-16 06:33:06

You're supposed to chuck after 3 months because of eye infection risk..... I do let mine go to about 6 months, but like goiaba I have multiples on the go - mainly different colour options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now