We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are these boots awful? Help me decide!

(54 Posts)
ShyOyster Sun 02-Oct-16 21:06:23

DP bought me a pair of boots. Completely random purchase, lovely gesture BUT these are so painfully not my style. He bought a pair of boots for himself and decided I needed a pair too, bless him. I don't even know if they're acceptable or just completely awful.
What are your thoughts: clicky link
If they are acceptable, what the hell do I wear them with?

disneyprincesswannabe Sun 02-Oct-16 21:07:41

Not my style at all. Thank him for the gesture, and ask to exchange for a pair more your style

WhatLizzyDid Sun 02-Oct-16 21:08:17

I really like them. They look great for cold snowy, icy weather. That said, I am no fashion guru! X

Fuzzypeggy Sun 02-Oct-16 21:08:39

Whether they're any good for you depends entirely on your own style. But I think they're fairly inoffensive winter biker type boots which would look ok with skinnies or tights and skirts and would probably be really useful in the winter

Cguk81 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:08:44

Ooh I like them! Would prefer them in a brown but would still wear them. Team them up with a skirt and tights or skinny jeans.

kilmuir Sun 02-Oct-16 21:09:13

Well it depends what sort of person you are ! My DF would wear them but I wouldn't.
Do you like them?

BikeRunSki Sun 02-Oct-16 21:09:25

I love them!!!! I tried to buy them last winter but I have huge feet and they don't even make my size.

CoffeeAtLukes Sun 02-Oct-16 21:10:24

They are pretty inoffensive and quite practical I think. However, we have them in the shop I work in and they are very uncomfortable when worn for more than 5 minutes.

I would wear them with skirts/dresses and thick tights probably. Definetly not jeans.

Haggisfish Sun 02-Oct-16 21:10:45

Tights and skirt, tight trousers. Love them!

choppolata Sun 02-Oct-16 21:10:57

I like them, and so will you in the dead of winter, they look toasty warm!

ShyOyster Sun 02-Oct-16 21:11:08

I like the term fairly inoffensive. I wear a lot of knitwear, jumper dresses etc, would I get away with these boots with them?
They are just so incredibly comfortable. Otherwise they'd be going straight back to the shop wink

Pestilence13610 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:11:33

Do you already have any boots suitable for snowy weather?
Looks like DP is expecting a harsh winter.

Cluesue Sun 02-Oct-16 21:11:36

I like them,but you would have to wear them not me so I'd exchange them if you're not happy with them

Looby4 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:12:00

LOVE them!! You are so lucky your DH goes and shops for you for a surprise!

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Sun 02-Oct-16 21:16:20

I love them. I had UGG Kensingtons in a similar style and they were surprisingly versatile. Good with skinny jeans/leggings, skirts, dresses; basically all clothes!

monkeywithacowface Sun 02-Oct-16 21:16:34

I quite like them

mayaknew Sun 02-Oct-16 21:18:28

I love them !! If I had the dinero I'd definitely be buying myself a pair of those. But if you don't like them don't keep them because you'll only wear them a handful of times then they'll lie collecting dust. Just take them back and exchange them. For a pair you like smile

ShyOyster Sun 02-Oct-16 21:19:04

I might keep them then. I normally wear smarter leather boots, normally the "riding boots" kind and I'm never warm enough in them. We're in Scotland, so these boots might actually work for the crappy winter weather here..

Helpisathand13 Sun 02-Oct-16 21:19:47

I think they look great and will be fab with sweater dresses, skinny jeans/pants and chunky jumpers. He's made a great choice and generous too! Lucky girl

RebelandaStunner Sun 02-Oct-16 21:45:08

Send them to me wink

Love them.

FoxesOnSocks Sun 02-Oct-16 22:09:12

No send them to me!!! Love them more and it's my birthday. smile

Girliefriendlikesflowers Sun 02-Oct-16 22:11:43

They look like a really nice pair of winter boots, practical and will look great with chunky tights and a jumper dress!

SirVixofVixHall Sun 02-Oct-16 22:13:13

I think they are great. Perfect Winter chunky boot .

Cakescakescakes Sun 02-Oct-16 22:13:15

They will be so lovely in the dead of winter. Cosy toes for you!

SimonLeBonOnAndOn Sun 02-Oct-16 22:13:58

I'd wear them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now