Talk

Advanced search

Skin Care Dilemma: Oily and Dry (Male)

(5 Posts)
Arsenal123 Sun 02-Oct-16 13:37:17

Hi all: I have real problems with my skin now that I am approaching my 30s. It gets dry and flakey in my hair eye brows and beard and is dry when I wash my face.

Eyebrows and beard remain dry no matter how much I moisturise but forehead and cheeks become oil regardless of whether I moisturise or not.

I have no idea how to control this - it feels impossible.

I tried liquid oils, thick moisturises, gentle cleansers, and just water.

botemp Sun 02-Oct-16 14:27:43

Can you share a bit of your routine and the products used? It might be that you're dehydrated - lacking water rather than oil which means treating it with oil (based) products doesn't really address the issue. It might just be that the products you're using are a little too harsh so just want to suss out the underlying cause.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 02-Oct-16 14:35:40

I have oily and dry skin and went for a facial last week

I was recommended to use yonka 303 (gommage) It is a hydrating exfoliator. It has made such a difference. Try it

Cakescakescakes Sun 02-Oct-16 15:19:02

I have very oily tzone yet dehydrated skin and I love the Clinique Moisture Surge extended thirst relief. It is oil free but really really hydrating and light in texture. Feels like a big drink for your skin. And it really helps with shine compared to any other moisturisers I've used recently.

knittykitty66 Sun 02-Oct-16 17:12:12

Again second the need to know what you're using at the present as these could be dehydrating your skin as too harsh. I have a really sensitive/dry t-zone after using harsh stuff for acne when younger. When it really bad can't beat a thick layer of astral/nivea cream before bed after using gentle exfoliator (one without grains/beads as this will antagonise it further)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now