Bra Intervention Canterbury

(11 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Sun 02-Oct-16 09:08:59

lost a lot of weight and need new bras, I litterally have no idea what size. Visiting Canterbury soon, wheres the best place to get measured. I'm hoping there might be a little independent bra shop or otherwise maybe a bravissimo.

pizzaeatingmonkey Sun 02-Oct-16 10:12:51

I don't think there are any independent bra shops in Canterbury.
I was in the same position and have never been measured before ( or since) so I tried Debenhams. Not impressed: the bra she sold me was a 30D, it was so uncomfortable after an hour or so but I persevered, wore it twice! I don't care if I'm wearing the wrong size if I can breath in it! grin

Toffeelatteplease Sun 02-Oct-16 22:41:23

hmmm... Not Debenhams then.... Thinking my big Canterbury excursion might not be the right place for Bras....

DancingSeagulls Sun 02-Oct-16 22:51:55

You could try Fenwicks, haven't been for years so can't vouch for measuring service.
Nearest bravissimo is central London...
Good luck!

pizzaeatingmonkey Mon 03-Oct-16 10:01:20

I'm fairly local to canterbury and worked there most of my life: do you want me to ask my FB friends if they have any suggestions?

Toffeelatteplease Mon 03-Oct-16 16:09:45

ooooooo lovely thank you!

otherwise I will give Fenwicks a go, cos the situation is getting fairly diabolical blush (nearly 4 stone down and still in the same bras)

pizzaeatingmonkey Mon 03-Oct-16 16:28:18

posted on Canterbury residents site for you, I'll get back if I get any coherent replies hmm

pizzaeatingmonkey Mon 03-Oct-16 17:43:18

Ok so far: mostly suggest you go to Whitstable to an independent shop called Whites.
Other than that they're saying Fenwicks then Ann Summers (!?) If anywhere else gets mentioned I'll get back to you.

Toffeelatteplease Mon 03-Oct-16 22:33:31

oh that's quite amusing! Thank you for asking!

I have to be in Canterbury anyway. It's a fair drive already so I might have to miss out on Whitstable wink I might give fenwick a try

pizzaeatingmonkey Mon 03-Oct-16 22:42:36

I've turned off the commenting now as people are repeating what others have said....grrr.
One last suggestion is Nasons which is an independent department store.
Have fun in Canterbury, if you fancy lunch try the Skinny Kitchen in the main street.

Toffeelatteplease Tue 04-Oct-16 23:03:11

thank you pizza for all your help. I definitely fancied the skinny kitchen, looked gorgeous and am meant to still be on the diet, but budget only ran to steak club at weatherspoons this time.

Fenwick did indeed do the job. Given I haven't actually needed to be measured for a bra in over 10 years (even through two kids) I was pretty nervous but the lady was lovely and nailed it on her second choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now