Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a dress please

(17 Posts)

I want a plain black dress. Quite fitted. Long or three quarter length sleeves. Casual. To be worn with boots and a biker jacket. Either mini-ish (but not too mini) or knee length. Ideally not 100% polyester or viscose and from a real shop, rather than online.

It doesn't seem to exist. sad

The Hush Tara minus the bunched up middle would be perfect.

toejamfootball Sat 01-Oct-16 18:12:05

monsoon...cotton, but too fussy?

FauxFox Sat 01-Oct-16 18:26:41

m&s
m&s cashmere
oasis
Next merino
warehouse
Boss
hush
samsoe
finery
jaeger

Seen and discounted most of those already, sorry. I just want really boring - like a tube dress. I really like jumper dresses, but want jersey this time. The Hush Naomi is nice but too £££.

£80 for viscose seems overpriced to me.

wowfudge Sat 01-Oct-16 18:54:34

Baukjen's Braydon dress is in their mid season sale - £77 for cotton and modal jersey.

wowfudge Sat 01-Oct-16 18:55:32

Ooh - Baukjen's not a real shop. You might like it.

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 01-Oct-16 18:58:43

There was a long sleeved hush dress a few seasons ago in black that I bought that doesn't have the ruched bits. I think it's the Venice beach but long sleeved and slightly longer. Dead versatile. Not sure if they have done one this Autumn

Like the Baukjen one but really cba with online - am an awkward height/shape/person!

Nearlyadoctor Sat 01-Oct-16 20:27:19

Was going to suggest Hush Naomi!

Nearlyadoctor Sat 01-Oct-16 20:36:07

A few possibilities in Boden?

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/smart-day-dresses/wh716-blk/womens-black-ottoman-shift

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/day-dresses/ww110-blk/womens-black-ottoman-a-line-dress

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-dresses/day-dresses/wh974-blk/womens-black-seam-detail-tunic-dress

Cathaka15 Sat 01-Oct-16 20:40:09

So much choice in Next.

None of the Boden ones are right, and it's only online anyway.

Will look in Next.

Thanks though!

wowfudge Sat 01-Oct-16 20:54:15

Baukjen have a full size guide and always tell you the length to the waist and full length, etc. Returns are free.... I don't live or work near any clothes shops so online is a God send.

zippyswife Sat 01-Oct-16 21:05:51

I am looking for the same thing. I like the hush ones.. if they were half the price they'd be perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now