Talk

Advanced search

What to do with Unused cosmetics etc

(9 Posts)
EmmaMacgill Sat 01-Oct-16 13:34:42

I'm having a big sort out today, got rid of loads of stuff, clothes in charity bags etc.
I'm a bit of a make up / skincare junkie and have a lot of unused or barely used stuff and it seems a waste to give away. I read on here before that you can give these things to refuges as some women turn up with very little and I think it's a great idea.
I guess they don't advertise themselves, or appreciate people just turning up unannounced. How do I get this to those kinds of places?

choppolata Sat 01-Oct-16 14:02:51

I sent a load to an address I found here: www.carolinehirons.com/p/give-and-makeup.html

EmmaMacgill Sat 01-Oct-16 14:06:14

Thanks Choppolata

Greenrabbit Sat 01-Oct-16 14:42:36

My local Church has a collection box for the local womans refuge.
I know some people give things to the Health Visitor as they have links to refuges. I think the Sure start centre passes things on too.

I've also donated unused toiletries to the local food bank.

specialsubject Sat 01-Oct-16 15:27:29

There was an appeal on mn last year for this kind of stuff for women's refuges for december. I'll see if i can dig out the details - you can post 2kg for under 3 quid.

EmmaMacgill Sat 01-Oct-16 16:17:45

Thank you

RobberBride Sat 01-Oct-16 21:11:45

Our local hospitals take them and use them for people who end up in hospital in an emergency and don't have any stuff, or to pamper people in long term.

poppym12 Sat 01-Oct-16 21:19:49

I'd be interested too as I checked with my local refuge but the said they didn't want anything. Their shop had closed plus, if they couldn't sell it on, they weren't interested anyway.I thought it could be given to the women who actually needed to use the service but obviously not.

hollieberrie Sat 01-Oct-16 23:50:34

Foodbank. Or some charity shops sell donated cosmetics etc for 99p each. I know my local Hospice Shop and The Dog's Trust both do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now