Can you find my a handbag?

(25 Posts)
Hulababy Sat 01-Oct-16 11:19:48

I'm going to a wedding in early November. It's all in one venue, nothing outside.

I have my dress - see photo (photo is from website bit me wearing it) - which I love and apparently it suits me.

I have some navy shoes - already had them and TBH didn't wanted to spend a fortune on shoes anyway as I have arthritis so really don't mix with heels anyway so won't get worn much. I suffer the next day for the vanity - i do need to wear them a bit ideally as I'm also so short! I also have tiny feet at size 3. Have some baby roll a some type pumps for when the heels get too much.

I do however need a bag. I'm not a bag person really. I have a smallish old battered Mulberry cross shoulder bag I use every day which she bought be a few years back. And a couple of small bags but nothing in right colours. But need a new one for the wedding to match the dress. Don't want to spend an absolute fortune really but happy to spend a bit - won't use it loads but will last and be used for nights out etc.

Any help???

Hulababy Sat 01-Oct-16 13:31:51

Any suggestions?
TIA

Hulababy Sat 01-Oct-16 21:59:11

?

CantChoose Sat 01-Oct-16 22:06:31

Hobbs often have smart navy bags at a not too horrific price point smile

Hulababy Sat 08-Oct-16 11:06:41

Well I have got no further in my quest!
No idea what to get at all.

HolgerDanske Sat 08-Oct-16 16:24:36

A pink or a navy blue clutch bag would fit that dress very nicely. Or a silver one, maybe.

Hulababy Sat 08-Oct-16 17:27:25

As I have navy shoes I figured navy bag - just can't find one!

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 08-Oct-16 18:14:21

They have some navy ones in the House of Fraser. Agree with HolgerDanske that metallic would also look lovely.

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-hof-Site/default/Search-Show?q=metallic%20clutch

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-hof-Site/default/Search-Show?q=navy%20clutch

Mrstumbletap Sat 08-Oct-16 18:27:51

I got a navy clutch from debenhams. Think they still do it. Or somewhere in house of Frasier something like that would have a massive collection.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 08-Oct-16 18:37:49

Meant to say lovely dress and shoes OP!

Hulababy Sat 08-Oct-16 20:42:41

Thanks all

If I go metallic, should I look at metallic shoes too?

Hulababy Sat 08-Oct-16 20:43:21

Dropping DD and her exchange partner at Alton Towers tomorrow, and then heading to Birmingham with DH. So intend having a look round the shops there.

Mrstumbletap Sat 08-Oct-16 20:49:48

Love that dress by the way. Could always do purple shoes it has purple in it doesn't it? I would always do bag and shoes the same.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 08-Oct-16 20:52:58

I wouldn't necessarily do the same, especially if you find something you really like. It's personal I suppose smile

CocoLoco87 Sat 08-Oct-16 20:57:07

Try monsoon / accessorize for affordable clutch bags. They do metallic ones and navy. Beautiful dress!!

HolgerDanske Sat 08-Oct-16 20:57:37

I don't generally like matching shoes and bag. If this were my outfit I would probably go silver or metallic grey as first choice and navy as second.

HolgerDanske Sat 08-Oct-16 21:01:44

Actually scratch that - having had another look I would say silver first, pink second. As you have navy shoes I would avoid matching bag as I think it's the obvious 'safe' choice, given the navy in the dress.

clippityclop Sat 08-Oct-16 21:07:54

I'd look in Monsoon for something silvery, perhaps silver drop earrings too. You'll look fab.

Potkettleblack2 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:15:31

Really love your dress! I don't think you need to go with a navy bag either-you have lots of options. This is a lovely bag and I think BR bags are good quality. bananarepublic.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=1015255&vid=1&pid=000479917RS16-19431

Hulababy Sat 08-Oct-16 21:17:50

I can do new jewellery I am sure.

Off to Birmingham tomorrow so will take a look at lots of options. I am sure DH will be thrilled :D Well, its that or Alton Towers with the teens, though not sure we are invited! So shopping it is this time.

Getting a bag should be easier than getting new shoes at least - size 3 (and only just) and the worst feet ever for blisters, etc. Oh - and arthritis in my knee and ankles, so rubbish n that front too, lol

Potkettleblack2 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:23:15

Ted Baker bags can be nice too...http://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Accessories/Bags/ZANNA-Exotic-leather-cross-body-bag-Ash/p/127335-07-ASH
www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Accessories/Bags/ELLEN-Leather-cross-body-bag-Grape/p/128966-63-GRAPE

NEmum Sat 08-Oct-16 21:29:02

Lovely dress.

Would definitely recommend to go for a silver beaded clutch rather than a flat metallic colour or try to match with the shoes. You'll also be able to reuse for loads of other occasions...check out accessorise or John Lewis x

Aderyn2016 Sat 08-Oct-16 23:05:27

Have you thought about a bottletop clutch bag? I have one and it's surprisingly versatile.

Hulababy Sun 09-Oct-16 22:24:02

I ended up with a Ted Baker clutch in a deep purple, bought today.

Looking at the dress again we decided that silver wouldn't have worked as the zip (at the back but like most Ted Baker dresses it is quite visible and obvious) is a rose gold colour.

The bag does have a rose gold strap that I may well use for other occasions or with other outfits. But will use as a clutch for the wedding as don't think cross strap will work with the dress neckline.

Thanks all.

HolgerDanske Sun 09-Oct-16 22:27:54

Sounds lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now