Talk

Advanced search

Primers

(9 Posts)
dippywhentired Fri 30-Sep-16 08:35:38

I've never used a primer before, but would like to try one. My friend recommended Laura Mercier's Radiance Foundation Primer for a dewy glow. But it is rather pricey! I have sensitive combination skin and get the odd spot. Can anyone recommend a cheaper alternative please?

poppym12 Fri 30-Sep-16 10:05:02

I tried a sample of this at the weekend and even using the tiniest amount, I looked ridiculously shiny.
My favourite one is from the B range in superdrug but it's not available at the moment as apparently they're relaunching the brand with new packaging in autumn. Hopefully it will be autumn this year.

dippywhentired Fri 30-Sep-16 13:21:27

Oh right - yes, I want to look dewy, not shiny grin
I'm in Switzerland so sadly no Superdrug here.

user1475253854 Fri 30-Sep-16 18:20:17

Bumping as I'd like some recommendations too.

biddleyboo Fri 30-Sep-16 18:23:12

I love benefit porefessional, around £25 and a nice Matt finish. And for every day cheapo use, perfect blur. Can't remember which brand that is, in a pink tube, and about £10-12 from the supermarket

Avpixie27 Fri 30-Sep-16 18:24:58

I use the urban decay primer. Its amazing, mattes out your pores and you could get away with wearing it without foundation. Made my skin look amazing. Pea sized amount does the whole face just rub it on with your fingers

dippywhentired Fri 30-Sep-16 19:14:20

Thank you! I'll investigate further

MadisonAvenue Fri 30-Sep-16 19:21:44

I've been trying the W7 Prime Magic which is supposed to be a brilliant dupe for a Smashbox one, I'm sure it was on here that I saw it recommended. It hasn't really made much difference to my make up, and I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the Garnier Perfect Blur.

EmmaMacgill Fri 30-Sep-16 19:25:05

I've tried a few diferent ones but always seem to go back to Bare Minerals Prime Time, it's not cheap but you only need a tiny amount and it lasts ages.
A little bit of primer underneath and loose powder over make up makes it last most of the day and I have really oily skin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now