Talk

Advanced search

I need a cheaper alternative to salon shampoo/conditioner

(14 Posts)
msrisotto Fri 30-Sep-16 07:42:50

I can't afford it anymore. I was using Redken shampoo and Purology hydrate conditioner. I have curly hair. Any recommendations?

PNGirl Fri 30-Sep-16 08:00:10

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil. I swear it's mostly the same ingredients as Kerastase.

FoofFighter Fri 30-Sep-16 08:05:16

Recently discovered elvive and it suits my hair that well that it doesn't need conditioner any more, can't recall which elvive it is called but it's in a pink bottle.
I was previously using Boots Argan oil and Toni & Guy. Elvive is better!

MUjunkie Fri 30-Sep-16 08:17:50

Yea the Elvive is very good! I don't know if you like the tigi bedhead shampoos and conditioners, because I was looking on allbeauty.com yesterday and they have the big 750ml bottles...and for both the shampoo and conditioner together it's less than half price at £14.99. They are the big salon size ones so would last ages...I'm going to treat myself I think smile

AwakeCantSleep Fri 30-Sep-16 08:29:03

I have curly hair and find the yes to coconut shampoo and conditioner really good. Boots sell them. http://www.boots.com/en/Yes-to-Coconut-Ultra-Moisture-Shampoo-280-ml_1697556/

I tend to be quite underwhelmed in comparison with the products the staff at Tony & Guy use when I go for a cut.

steph2710 Fri 30-Sep-16 10:13:50

Costco Kirkland shampoo and conditioner is very Similar to pureology

msrisotto Fri 30-Sep-16 10:36:32

Thanks! Are these ok for coloured hair?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 30-Sep-16 11:37:54

Costco Kirkland made my scalp itch like I had fleas shock Shame because its a huge bottle, pump top.

I'm liking the OGX (working my way through some Coconut at the moment)

I'm going to buy a 1litre Shampure, last ages and DH uses it too. I have the Clove at the moment , love it.

sammy891 Fri 30-Sep-16 12:35:51

Aussie works well for me

hazelnutlatte Fri 30-Sep-16 12:47:24

I like the OGX shampoos, the one I use at the moment is the collagen and biotin, they are better than other shampoos you can get in the supermarket but not sure how they compare to salon brands. I wouldn't recommend tigi bed head at all, I still have 3/4 of a giant bottle as it turned my hair into a greasy flyaway mess! I have fine hair so ignore me if you have thick hair.

DoItTooJulia Fri 30-Sep-16 12:48:46

So you the CG method? Because the L'oreal ever riche shampoo and conditioner are CG approved, and really lovely.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 30-Sep-16 12:49:12

Have you looked at what's in TK maxx as their salon brands are good value?

Sometimes I buy a salon shampoo and alternate with eg say yes to coconut conditioner etc.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 30-Sep-16 12:50:17

70 think I may try shampure again. Love it

msrisotto Fri 30-Sep-16 13:22:11

I have admired the cg method from a far but haven't reconciled myself to ditching shampoo completely. Interested in products without silicone and stuff in though so I'll look into that thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now