Talk

Advanced search

Maternity swimsuit, massive boobs

(15 Posts)
starsinyourpies Tue 27-Sep-16 22:09:29

I am normally size 12 with decent size boobs (G) but during this pregnancy for some reason have become a J cup already! My old size 14 maternity swimsuit is now pretty indecent on top and I have months to go, would like to be able to continue swimming without being arrested for exposure. Any ideas of brands that might work?

NameChange30 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:11:34

I started a thread on this recently:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2736788-Does-DD-maternity-swimwear-exist

The short answer is no, but there are some suggestions on the thread.

Runningupthathill82 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:17:38

Basically, forget it - you just need a bikini top that fits and any old bikini bottoms. I got a Freya Active bikini in a pretty ludicrous cup size (HH) after my Asos Maternity tankini became completely indecent.

starsinyourpies Tue 27-Sep-16 22:25:52

Thanks both, Name I hadn't spotted that, my current one is Emma Jane and I see you too had issues with their tiny boob compartments! I will hunt down a tankini top.

NameChange30 Tue 27-Sep-16 22:30:28

You're welcome - glad I'm not the only one popping out of the Emma Jane swimwear!!

I'm now thinking a bra size bikini top might be the best bet, as Running suggests, but given that my boobs are still growing, I'm reluctant to buy something now that won't fit in a few months. Especially as bra size swimwear seems to be a lot more expensive than the "one size fits all" stuff.

starsinyourpies Tue 27-Sep-16 22:38:43

I think I'll try the Jojo tankini as some of the reviews say you can fit large boobs in.

If you can hunt down a panache britt tankini it might work, it's an a line style top so longer and looser.

DianaT1969 Wed 28-Sep-16 00:30:33

If you shop around in the online sales you might find a bikini top for around £20 in that size. Wear with any bottoms that fit.

NameChange30 Wed 28-Sep-16 08:01:28

Statistically Thanks for the recommendation, looks like a lovely tankini! I've managed to hunt down the top in my size but I want the matching briefs and they're out of stock... darn!

stars I have a JoJo tankini on order (in 2 different sizes), we shall see!

Fig leaves had a decent range of the bottoms in the navy, there were some kicking about on amazon too.

NameChange30 Wed 28-Sep-16 10:46:46

Statistically Thanks! I've ordered the tankini top and if it fits I'll just get some plain navy bikini bottoms to go with. Fingers crossed! And thanks again smile

NameChange30 Thu 06-Oct-16 12:34:01

Hi OP, I've just posted this on my thread but wanted to spread the good news! Anita does bra size maternity swimwear:
www.anita.com/shop/en_global/products/swimwear.html?collection_group=Anita+Maternity
Some of the styles only go up to a D cup but I've found a couple that go up to F or G.

herecomesthsun Thu 06-Oct-16 13:11:49

you can also wear a swim bra with a tankini if you want more support eg for antenatal aqua exercise

NameChange30 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:00:17

What's a swim bra? Do you mean a bikini top? The problem is that supportive bikini tops are hard to find, bra size ones are expensive, and mostly underwired, but with my boobs still growing (I'm only halfway through my pregnancy) it might not be a comfortable fit for very long.

herecomesthsun Thu 06-Oct-16 14:21:12

Hi

There is a company called Elomi that does swim bras that you can wear under their swim wear for more support, for ladies (like me) with les boobs curvy.

However, a quick google only yields ones with underwires, which you understandably don't want.

I think when pregnant I wore a Zoggs maternity sports suit with an ordinary sports bra underneath for antenatal aquaerobics. And yes, I did buy for my need at the time, though I ended up getting wear out of the bra anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now