Talk

Advanced search

What colour shoes and tights with a navy dress?

(9 Posts)
MrsFogi Mon 26-Sep-16 22:45:36

So stylish mners what colour tights should I be wearing with a smart navy dress?

neveradullmoment99 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:48:18

Its always difficult with a navy dress. I would personally wear a pair of navy tights and either oxblood coloured shoe or tan. If the tights are not as thick, you may get away with black semi sheer tights and black shoes.

MargoReadbetter Mon 26-Sep-16 22:48:35

Id go for slightly darker beige and red or black shoes. Beige shoes would go too but they've become a no-no in the past couple of years, I gather.

QueenofLouisiana Mon 26-Sep-16 22:58:29

I wear grey tights if I can wear thick ones. If not, I wear whisper it nude tights, carefully chosen to be as nude as possible!

I wear grey, tan, oxblood or navy shoes (but wouldn't wear navy court shoes). I also have nude shoes, I like them but I realise they have generally fallen out of favour.

travailtotravel Mon 26-Sep-16 23:08:03

I wear bottle green or red tights with my navy dress. You will guess from thus I am no style maven.

NeverNic Tue 27-Sep-16 00:16:00

I wear navy a lot, and tend to brave it with bare legs and bright shoes - raspberry, orange or occasionally tan. Also like wearing them with metallics. If you need tights then I stick with black tights and a black shoe, and lift the outfit with a statement bag instead.

Littlebee76 Tue 27-Sep-16 06:01:12

Black like the French do smile

ChishandFips33 Tue 27-Sep-16 06:59:19

I wear black with mine but my dress has a black stripe in. I've worn either burgundy or grey shoes/ankle boots

I've tried navy tights too but the shades were too different and it looked odd

Believeitornot Tue 27-Sep-16 06:59:42

Navy court shoes with a snakeskin print.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now