What did you wear to work today?

(106 Posts)
overthehillandroundthemountain Mon 26-Sep-16 20:20:45

So uninspired and this weather doesn't help. Are you in autumn/winter wear yet?

I wore a Boden Ravello top with brownish tailored trousers from Jigsaw and new, heeled brown leather boots. Light tweed jacket and it was fine but I'm a jumble of summer and winter!

Is it time for opaques yet? Seems too early!

Ememem84 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:24:12

Black and white circle print dress black cardigan and orange scarf.

Black flats.

No tights.

No tights here until October.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 26-Sep-16 20:24:55

Definitely opaques here! I wore:

Navy cord pinafore dress from Topshop
White blouse with dark blue/black floral print and a pussy-bow neck from Laura Ashley, white vest underneath for extra warmth
Navy opaques
Tan brogues from Dune
Outdoors a long khaki duster coat from Topshop and a big slouchy Jigsaw black leather bag

Cliffdiver Mon 26-Sep-16 20:31:47

Judy your outfit sounds lovely.

I had on black Zara trousers and a M&S bra then found out DD2 couldn't go to nursery as she's been on antibiotics <12 hours so I got changed. grin

Shopgirl1 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:54:22

Black trousers, white shirt, navy blazer.

Shopgirl1 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:55:18

Sorry, posted too soon. Haven't worn opaques yet, but bought some last week so any day now I think.

Mitfordhons Mon 26-Sep-16 21:24:03

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26121994

With black 7/8ths, oversized white & grey shirt, cami underneath and long line black cardigan.

KittyLane1 Mon 26-Sep-16 21:32:49

Khaki skinnies and a long, skin tight beige top with side suits. Similar to Yeezy (Kanye) fashion show.

prokupatuskrakedatus Mon 26-Sep-16 21:33:35

sneakers
faded blue jeans
orange t-shirt
marine blue hoodie

CaitAgusMadra Mon 26-Sep-16 21:35:53

Short sleeve black cocoon dress, black ankle boots & opaques. Black & white chunky cardi until about lunchtime when the sun came out.

I'm in Ireland and it's definitely autumnal enough for opaques here

ThomasRichard Mon 26-Sep-16 21:37:44

Do you lot work in advertising or something equally glamorous? shock

I wore nude courts, grey trousers and a green 3/4 length sleeved top that I dug out of the bottom of my drawer, where it had languished all summer.

FormerlyCatherineDeB Mon 26-Sep-16 21:41:00

Homemade tweed/boucle mid sleeve shift dress with tiny bits of red in it. Red patent shoes and a red pashmina!

Palomb Mon 26-Sep-16 21:41:02

Dandilion print blouse from asda
Trousers from Primark
Shoes from tesco.

Class act me 😭

SillySongsWithLarry Mon 26-Sep-16 21:41:50

Knee length Fat Face dress, opaque tights, floaty Animal cardigan, Skechers go walk work shoes. Work in an office.

SeaRabbit Mon 26-Sep-16 21:47:08

Turquoise and beige light tweed jacket, cream t shirt, navy trousers, open toed heeled sandals (mistake as chilly). I love that it's cool enough that I can wear my jacket.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 26-Sep-16 21:51:05

Thank you cliff! I'm a lecturer, thomas - creative subject so fairly flexible in terms of work-wear.

Ememem84 Mon 26-Sep-16 21:52:24

I work in an office. Do private client trust admin.

Tomorrow's outfit:

Fire engine red dress - monsoon
Long blue cardigan - new look
Tan flats - primark.

overthehillandroundthemountain Mon 26-Sep-16 21:57:20

Ooh lovely outfits! Thank you for sharing! Just read a thread about long cardigans. Maybe that's what I need....

WeirdButTrue Mon 26-Sep-16 22:00:04

I have a self imposed no tights til October rule - it's def chilly enough for them, but I like to cling onto the last dregs of summer. So today I wore black skinnies (m&s), white chiffon/lace blouse (oasis) over a white vest top (next) with a grey blazer (oasis again) and black ballet pumps (sainsburys). I'm so tragically high street, some of you ladies have envy inducing labels in your wardrobes envy feel free to do swaps!

mumonahottinroof Mon 26-Sep-16 22:03:48

Black trousers, black silk T shirt, black and white folksy style jacket that came from Zara is always much admired and that I smugly spotted the Isabel Marant twin of in a boutique when I had 5 mins between appointments

Tomorrow the opaques go on.

Alicesmith85 Mon 26-Sep-16 22:04:04

I woke up late and looked awful today. 7/8 trousers (gap) fine knit grey jumper (boohoo) office black flats, statement necklace. I was freezing cold all day! Must dig out my winter wardrobe now x

overthehillandroundthemountain Mon 26-Sep-16 22:05:05

I have the same, Weird Not until October, ditto 'winter wardrobe', otherwise it feels like a loooong winter. I am very tempted, though. It has been a bit nippy but the sun was out, which made me feel glad I didn't cave. I have some new loafers but can only wear them with opaques. Impatient to slip them on, now!

Cliffdiver Mon 26-Sep-16 22:08:29

My previous post should have been <24 hours but meh, this isn't 'Children's Health'.

Tomorrow's outfit is still undecided. But may be what I was going to wear today. -

Black Zara drainpipe trousers, a Jasper J Conrad purple and black chiffon blouse, New Look skinny rib sleeveless top and nude and black Matalan chunky heels

Or

A shirt dress (not sure which one/colour) with nude tights and black Chelsea boots.

lisbapalea Mon 26-Sep-16 22:08:49

Black skinny jeans, black silky blouse / shirt and black pointed flats.

I auppose it may have been overkill on the black but it was a Monday so I was in a kind of mourning...

thiswayplease Mon 26-Sep-16 22:09:50

Working from home today so black skinnies and red checked shirt.

Tomorrow I'm in the office, meeting clients and it's to be pissing down so I'm going for bottle green shift dress from Warehouse, opaque tights and black courts from Matalan.

I like wearing dresses so loving tights weather

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now