Any Avene Gel Cleanser users? Where the hell has it gone?

(8 Posts)
doorhandle Mon 26-Sep-16 16:54:39

I've used it successfully for years, just gone to buy a new bottle and it's nowhere to be found.

Not on boots or ebay. Amazon want £30 for it WTF!!

It still appears on their website the page errors when you click on the link.

Anyone know?

AgentCooper Mon 26-Sep-16 16:58:26

Is it the Cleanance gel? I got a bottle in Boots (Glasgow). They didn't have the cold cream bar, though, which is what I usually get...

botemp Mon 26-Sep-16 16:59:35

Which one is it exactly? There are a couple of Avene gel cleansers on easyparapharmacie which are based in France, if they don't have it then I assume it's being reformulated or discontinued (possibly to recent EU changes wrt animal cruelty or completely unrelated).

doorhandle Mon 26-Sep-16 17:05:32

It's this one

botemp Mon 26-Sep-16 17:17:31

It seems to be out of stock with most of the French retailers too. I think your best bet would be contacting Avene customer service to ask where it's gone.

Wolpertinger Mon 26-Sep-16 17:22:00

Oh no! I changed to that when La Roche Posay stopped making Physiological Cleansing Gel.

Don't tell me this is discontinued too? There's so little available in the bland gel cleanser bracket unless I go back to Cetaphil.

MrsT2007 Mon 26-Sep-16 17:56:06

I use the foaming avene one and that's been ok for me.
Annoying they have discontinued it though

doorhandle Mon 26-Sep-16 19:29:53

Have sent them a message, hopefully they reply.

It took years to find something that didn't muck up the levels of my skin, it was perfect, my skin loved it.

wolpertinger I've looked at cetaphil before but haven't bought any as I was so happy with the avene gel, is it any good? Are there different types?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now