Non-biker leather jacket?

(11 Posts)
dogrilla Mon 26-Sep-16 14:24:04

My leather jacket is looking tired and a bit passé this season so I'm scouting round for a new one. Trouble is every single leather jacket at the moment seems to be covered in chunky zips and silver buckles. I'm quite small and they really don't suit me (and not really my style either). Also want something not likely to date as much as a biker...

Any idea where I might find a plain, unfussy leather jacket? I like the Isabel Marant Brantley bomber jacket but sadly don't have £500 to spend. shock

dogrilla Mon 26-Sep-16 14:25:56

Oh, and because I'm fussy and awkward I'm not keen on pleather either. Lots of nice styles in faux leather but I can't deal with the feel of it.

BabyGanoush Mon 26-Sep-16 14:28:35

Google leather blazer?

SunnySomer Mon 26-Sep-16 14:31:05

There are some on the Banana Republic website incl a couple in the sale....

Floisme Mon 26-Sep-16 15:16:25

I know what you mean. I'm small too and recently I almost returned the M&S pleather biker because there was so much going on in a very confined space. In the end I decided it could work as long as I kept everything else very plain and simple but if I'd shelled out for real leather, I wouldn't have compromised. Bikers are everywhere right now and I imagine that in a year or so, they'll have peaked.

In the meantime, I've seen a few in this style but only in suede for some reason plus tan might not be very practical for winter:
www.oasis-stores.com/gb/clothing/jackets-coats/suede-harrington-jacket/057670.html?dwvar_057670_color=09&position=81&cgid=coats-and-jackets#page=7&start=81&categoryID=coats-and-jackets
Or similar but twice the price! www.whistles.com/women/limited-edition/leather/colbert-suede-leather-jacket-21530.html?dwvar_colbert-suede-leather-jacket-21530_color=Tan#start=1

Or this longer one looks less cluttered than a short biker although it's pricier too: www.baukjen.com/uk/shop/baukjen/jackets/hailsey-long-line-biker-caviar-black.htm

Do you definitely want a jacket as I also like this leather coat which another poster linked for me: www.finerylondon.com/uk/products/fanshaw-bonded-leather-coat?taxon_id=9

dogrilla Mon 26-Sep-16 19:23:47

Thanks all. Is hard - want a nice black leather jacket that will last a couple of years (at least) just don't want to go down the leather blazer route, or the full-blown biker. Not much in between. Weird how all the shops are so uniform with the biker thing at the mo.

myfriendnigel Mon 26-Sep-16 19:32:17

Onyx leather jacket from Hush?

dogrilla Mon 26-Sep-16 20:01:51

Myfriendnigel - that is beautiful! A nod to biker but subtle enough to last. Ahh. It's perfect and I want one - but a 7-8 week wait? Will be in my Arctic parka by then.

Floisme Mon 26-Sep-16 22:15:40

Sorry if I'm over your budget but I but love this and, in a world full of bikers it's really refreshing to see something different:
www.whistles.com/women/limited-edition/leather/peggy-leather-jacket-23699.html?dwvar_peggy-leather-jacket-23699_color=Green#start=1

Darklane Tue 27-Sep-16 06:35:29

What colour are you thinking of?

This
Or
This

Mrs9C Tue 27-Sep-16 10:50:19

Jaeger and Hobbs both have gorgeous leather jackets that aren't bikerish, which just doesn't suit me. My latest one was from Superdry, not bikery at all, but slim fitting, it's lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now