Talk

Advanced search

Sports Bra

(20 Posts)
MyNewHobbyIsGin Mon 26-Sep-16 13:35:38

I'm after a new sports bra - I'm 30E, and want something for getting back to some high impact stuff.

Is the 'Shock Absorber' still the go-to? Any recommendations?

TIA

Panache sport is my preferred option

ProseccoBitch Mon 26-Sep-16 13:49:35

I'm 32F and the only one worth having that I've found is the Freya Active underwired one (not the moulded one). Copes with horse riding etc with zero bounce.

Wolfiefan Mon 26-Sep-16 13:51:09

I have always bought the shock absorber run bra. It has been discontinued!!!! Aargh!

Runningupthathill82 Mon 26-Sep-16 13:53:34

I'm the same size as you and do a LOT of running, so this is one of my favourite subjects!

My top two favourites are the Freya Active underwired crop top and the Panache Sport.
They have the best support IMO and also give a nice shape, with underwiring and moulded cups. Support comes from all sides as the boobs are fully encapsulated.

The Shock Absorber Run would be third on my list. It's supportive but in a very different way - it's more "strap-em-down-tight" rather than supportive all round, IYSWIM. As a result, Shock Absorbers tend to chafe more and get sweatier on very long runs, when compared to the Freya or the Panache.

leedy Mon 26-Sep-16 14:48:59

32DD, Freya Active underwired fan here as well. Very comfy and supportive, and unlike some other sports bras doesn't give me weird monoboob.

dementedpixie Mon 26-Sep-16 14:52:30

Agree with the Freya active underwired and the panache underwired one too

AllTheShoes Mon 26-Sep-16 14:54:28

I usually like Freya / Fantasie but the Panache fitted better - possibly because I need a 28 back. Once you've been fitted for it, there are tons in last season's colours on Amazon for about half price (or there were a few months ago when I last looked).

DianaT1969 Mon 26-Sep-16 15:42:33

Love my panache non wired.

MyNewHobbyIsGin Mon 26-Sep-16 17:47:12

Thanks everyone, sound like panache and Freya are the one to go for!

SwearyGodmother Mon 26-Sep-16 17:51:37

I like panache and freya for general sports stuff - gym/cycling/skiing but if I'm running I'll always wear an Enell sports bra. They're fantastic at keeping everything in place, even if they take some getting used to in the first instance as they're the bra equivalent of a strait jacket! I've had one of mine for 12 years and it's still going - with other bras I tend to find they lose their support after around a year.

Runningupthathill82 Mon 26-Sep-16 18:49:47

Sweary - do you not find the Enell chafes after long distances? I love mine for the absolute-zero-bounce factor, but if I'm going for a long run it really does rub. Anything under 10 miles or so and it's OK though!

Sugarandsalt Mon 26-Sep-16 19:12:36

30F/28FF here, freya active all the way!

MyNewHobbyIsGin Mon 26-Sep-16 19:40:37

Hahahahhahahahahhahaha at the thought of running 10 miles

I don't think I need to incorporate the chafe factor. I'll look at Enell too.

swooosh Mon 26-Sep-16 19:44:26

www.victoriassecret.com/victorias-secret-sport/sports-bras/knockout-by-victoriarsquos-secret-front-close-sport-bra-victoria-sport?ProductID=306286&CatalogueType=OLS

These Victorias Secret ones are my favourite, I'm 32E and wear the 32DDD (E equivalent!) they have bra cups with close with a front clasp and then the zip up bit over the top. Fab support.

Vvlgari Mon 26-Sep-16 19:46:05

I always go for Shock Absorber 4 but I'm pretty large of bosom.

Runningupthathill82 Mon 26-Sep-16 19:53:39

If you do look at the Enell, go for a size 0. I'm the same bra size as you, and that's the one that fits me. The 1 was too big.
I think you can do better for the money - they're £48 or so - but they are very supportive.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 26-Sep-16 20:25:38

Wolfie Shock Absorber Run has been discontinued? First I hear about it, it's sold everywhere, and their website has it as well www.shockabsorber.co.uk/product/ultimate-run-bra/

Personally I also use either that, Freya Active or Panache.

SwearyGodmother Mon 26-Sep-16 20:33:48

I always put a little bit of tape under the band at the front when I'm on a long run, running as it chafed once and I decided not to risk it again, though the chafing was far less than the shock absorber I wore for my first half. I bled from that.

I'd try the 0 if I were you gin - I'm a 28F and I wear the 00. I ordered the 0 when I first tried it and it wasn't snug enough in the band.

SadSock Mon 26-Sep-16 20:44:48

I really like my sweaty Betty one, it's the high impact one for running

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now