Talk

Advanced search

I am seriously considering grey lights

(8 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 07:49:47

Like these in the link

dailym.ai/2din2lz

I have a mixture of blonde and a base colour but battling grey near the temples and this might be a solution!

Has anyone done similar?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 07:50:17

Or I might just want to look like the woman in the pics hmm

PikachuSayBoo Mon 26-Sep-16 07:52:27

It's the upkeep which puts me off. Having to have your hair lightened before the colour can be put on. I reckon normal highlights will be quicker and therefore cheaper.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 07:55:42

Hmmm grown out grey will look odd, won't it?

Perhaps I just need to be a bit bolder with what I have done now?

CurlsLDN Mon 26-Sep-16 08:05:25

The lady in the photo also has much more light on her face in pic 2, which is making her generally glow as well as highlighting her bone structure and eyes. So bear that in mind, unless you can carry a light box and reflector around with you.

I think I'd need to see it in real life, in natural light, before I could be sure it would look nice

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 26-Sep-16 08:10:45

Grey is popular at the moment, even for the youngsters so there are loads of silver toners on the market. If you have light blonde highlights already, you could try a wash out grey toner to see if you like it. It would only be noticeable on your blonde streaks.
Something like Colour Freedom metallic grey toner (Superdrug).

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 08:16:07

So bear that in mind, unless you can carry a light box and reflector around with you

Well, that's my next optiongrin but very good point.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 08:16:33

There's no way I'm doing it myself!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now