Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow dye / tint - help needed!

(15 Posts)
LilyChantilly Sun 25-Sep-16 11:26:49

As I'm now in my late 40's and have light blond hair, I've noticed that my eyebrows are starting to disappear. Which makes me look even older than I already am. I've used eyebrow pencil a few times, but as I don't wear make up or use any products on my face except moisturiser, I would rather not have to (even something as quick and easy as this) mainly because I rarely remember to do it and when I do, I forget it's there and rub it off within an hour! So can I have your recommendations for tint or dye that is very easy and quick to use, comes in light colours, isn't expensive and is a fairly natural product? Oh, and isn't tested on animals (not asking for much am I?)! Thanks all smile

Ifihadmytimeagain Sun 25-Sep-16 12:02:14

Go to salon and ask for a 'cool' dark blonde dye for lashes & brows. This will avoid them turning orangy-brown.

Dont attempt it yourself.

Alternatively, Blinc do amazing brow mousse in lits of blobde shades wich is waterproof and smudge proof. I use dark blonde as my brows are lightening with age.

LilyChantilly Sun 25-Sep-16 13:56:26

Ifihadmytimeagain thanks for your answer. I am worried about doing it myself for all the obvious reasons! How much would it cost to go to a salon, do you know? And with regards to the mousse, does it last overnight? Thanks again.

Soozikinzi Sun 25-Sep-16 14:18:02

Mine are the same I have that winder row in blonde and also use refectocil eyebrow dye from eBay which is in loads of colours .

Soozikinzi Sun 25-Sep-16 14:18:37

Wunderbrow that should be

SilentlyScreamingAgain Sun 25-Sep-16 14:35:57

The threading booths in shopping centres tint eyebrows and lashes, my local on is about a tenner for both. It's always a shock for the first couple of days after it's done.

LilyChantilly Sun 25-Sep-16 17:38:51

Thanks everyone (sorry had to go out for a few hours so couldn't reply before). Looked up the Blinc mousse and it's a bit out of my price range but I'll check out the other products recommended. Any more suggestions gratefully received!

Ifihadmytimeagain Sun 25-Sep-16 17:54:35

The Blinc mousse is expensive but stays put (waterproof) overnight and lasts for years so good value.

A salon would charge about £25 to dye your lashes & tidy up & dye your brows. Why not have a lash lift too then you can go make up free (almost!)

motherinferior Sun 25-Sep-16 17:56:43

Just for Men moustache dye, applied with a mascara wand. Lasts for weeks. Easy peasy.
Cheap as chips. Allegedly Dita von Tees does it. Lots of Internet tutorials on it too.

lurkymclurkerson Sun 25-Sep-16 18:01:06

I had my eyebrows waxed and tinted in a naice spa yesterday, only cost £8!

donkir Sun 25-Sep-16 18:27:23

I get my eyebrows waxed and tinted at a local salon for £10

LilyChantilly Sun 25-Sep-16 19:49:40

Ooh thanks again all. Loads of great suggestions here. You're all total stars!

Botanicbaby Sun 25-Sep-16 22:57:35

Agree with PP not all salons are prohibitively expensive, mine only charges a tenner for eyebrow tinting/waxing/threading and they do an amazing job.

alternatively if you want to do it at home you could try the colorsport eyelash and eyebrow dye in dark brown (I'm blonde and this has worked ok on me in the past). I only ever used it for brows not lashes and it costs under a tenner, you just mix it and brush it on for a certain amount of time.

make sure you do the skin irritation test first though! good luck.

lovelybangers Mon 26-Sep-16 09:00:21

My local salon charges £4 to tint eyebrows, £11 in total if I get my lashes done too.

I do have a pack of home dye - but it's a messy job, and i always get it in my eyes - so just nip down to the salon.

ginorwine Mon 26-Sep-16 12:52:50

I just use just for men beard dye .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now