Talk

Advanced search

Lip fillers/ lip surgery: Anyone had it?

(5 Posts)
Twogoats Sat 24-Sep-16 18:47:09

I want it... But I am terrified of it going wrong! I haven't had any surgery before, but really like the idea of lip fillers. I think they look really good on most of the celebs that have had them

Any experiences?

Ifihadmytimeagain Sun 25-Sep-16 12:15:04

Yes, Ive had lip filler. Love it!

My lips were thinning (mid forties now) but had previously been a good size. Id also lost a bit of my filtrum projection and my lips looked flat from the side.

I had 1 syringe of Juvaderm put in (that's average) around the edge and its just given me back what i had at twenty.

Be prepared for 24 hours of pain though and swelling bruising and numbness last for anything from 4 days to a week so youll need to hibernate or say youve got a cold! Ice packs are a must as is sleeping upright for a couple of days after.

Good luck!

Twogoats Sun 25-Sep-16 15:32:59

Ouch! I don't do pain...

So, how are your lips now? Do the effects last forever?

Ifihadmytimeagain Sun 25-Sep-16 17:37:46

My lips are great now and were after 4 days. You can take paracetamol for the pain and they numb you up about 20 mins before injection so its manageable. Everyone reacts differently though. A good doctor is a must.

Depending on how thin your lips are and how much you have put in, results last from 6 months to a year. I gather that the more often you hae it the less you need each time - a bit like Botox.

SheldonsSpot Sun 25-Sep-16 17:53:40

I've just had a check up and top up after first having lip fillers 2 weeks ago. I went to a doctor (only doctors or dentists can use dental anaesthetic, if you go to a nurse all they can offer is numbing cream).

I had no pain at all.

I had some swelling which went down after a couple of days, and some bruising which appeared after a couple of days and faded by about 5 days after that.

I wasn't told to use ice packs, nor was I told to sleep upright.

I love my results, I'll definitely be keeping it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now