Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a comfortable, smart, wide fit court shoe?

(30 Posts)
5moreminutes Fri 23-Sep-16 11:09:25

Can anyone recommend a really comfortable wide fit court shoe?

I've always had wide feet and gone up a size to accommodate them, but now I also get heel pain (I'm in my 40s) and would so love a smart, lowish (6cm maybe) heeled shoe that I can wear to teach in (on my feet a lot) and still feel comfortable.

Size 7 is feet but maybe 6 if the shoe was wide enough!

Any ideas or is this a pipe dream?

Maverick66 Fri 23-Sep-16 11:20:45

Have you looked on Evans site?
They have various width sizing

Maverick66 Fri 23-Sep-16 11:21:10

Have you looked on Evans site?
They have various width sizing

5moreminutes Fri 23-Sep-16 12:04:34

I will have a look, thanks. Are Evans shoes comfortable - for some reason I assume they'd be a bit plasticy and rub your heel, not breath well etc.

5moreminutes Fri 23-Sep-16 13:10:10

Just measured my feet according to the Evans width guide and I'd have to go up to an 8 in their extra wide fitting!

I didn't think E was wide... Haven't had my feet measured since I was 11 but I used to be an H and my mother made me wear Clarkes boys school shoes, which I found acutely embarrassing blushshock

Maverick66 Fri 23-Sep-16 15:53:24

Evans have a good variety of styles and widths.
I would recommend you try them on as they are very generous in widths.
Maybe try ordering some on line?
Have you looked on Simply Be and Fifty Plus sites?
Also Scholl Shop have some great styles and widths. wink

misspym Fri 23-Sep-16 16:12:00

I don't think the Evans shoes are great and the sizing is weird. I wear a size 5 E fit in Clarks but when I tried shoes in Evans even the 4 in the wide was too big for me.

How about M&S?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 23-Sep-16 16:15:07

Clarks
Pavers
Evans
Ecco
Moshulu
M and S

Drowzeee Fri 23-Sep-16 16:17:57

Evans shoes are massive, I definitely don't think you would need to go up a size, I would say down if anything. I have size 8EEE feet or sometimes I can get away with a wide 9 - I am currently wearing a pair of suede ballet flat from Evans and I think I should have bought a 7 as they are huge! I like their shoes though, they are comfortable if you get the right size and I've never thought that they feel 'plasticky'.

5moreminutes Fri 23-Sep-16 16:30:25

Maybe measuring with a DIY metal tape measure was misleading then grin

Wasted a depressing hour in a massive warehouse style shoe shop this afternoon trying scores of shoes on with nothing that was quite right... But going up to an 8 would mean the shoe schlepping up and down and rubbing or just falling off grin Really a wide 6 would be ideal.

Evans don't seem to have quite the style I wanted, just a simple court without a buckle with a couple of inches of heel, but will look around. Didn't think Clarkes etc DD width fittings for adults, only kids, so will look.

Thanks smile

AprilLady Fri 23-Sep-16 18:13:25

I have wide feet and find Gabor court shoes really comfortable. Jones stock them, and if you have a Shoon near you it may be worth going in as they stock both Gabor and a few other good wide shoe makes (admittedly none are exactly cheap!)

Piscivorus Fri 23-Sep-16 18:17:24

I also recommend Gabor. I have [[ www.gaborshoes.co.uk/womens-c1/shoes-c2/orient-womens-slip-on-casual-shoes-p12934 these]] for work and they are the comfiest shoes I have ever had. They are a stretchy fabric so fit really well but the patent makes them look smarter

Piscivorus Fri 23-Sep-16 18:18:01

Bugger, link fail, sorry

Allalonenow Fri 23-Sep-16 18:20:00

Van Dal shoes are very comfortable, I've had a few pairs, all very well made.
Several major retailers, department stores sell them, Google for somewhere close to you.

ChipInTheSugar Fri 23-Sep-16 18:21:28

Hotter Angelica court shoe - amazingly comfortable and not frumpy to look at.

Allalonenow Fri 23-Sep-16 18:22:26

I agree Gabor shoes are super, though Van Dal are specifically designed for wider feet.

Paffle Fri 23-Sep-16 18:26:41

Another vote for Gabor

5moreminutes Fri 23-Sep-16 18:43:18

Found a local shoe shop lusted as a Gabor stockist so will try there tomorrow. Can't immediately find anywhere lusted as selling Van Dal but of course the information isn't always easily googled, so will keep my eyes open for the name!

Thanks everyone!

OliveBranchCollins Fri 23-Sep-16 18:47:45

Clarks do wide fitting on quite a lot of their range

BikeRunSki Fri 23-Sep-16 18:57:01

OP, kids widths sizes are not the same scale as used for adults. E is quite narrow for kids, H is wide.

I gave big (8.5-9), broad feet and find White Stuff wedges (in an 8) very comfortable for all day, but they may be too informal for you.

Shadowridge Fri 23-Sep-16 19:02:13

M&S and Next wide fit ( need to buy later online as they never have in store) are my go to. I particularly like M&S as the 6.5 fit me perfectly- sounds like we have similar feet! That said my best shoes ever are my gabor loafers.

WaitrosePigeon Fri 23-Sep-16 19:04:06

100% clarks!

5moreminutes Fri 23-Sep-16 19:10:52

BikeRun I did not know that at all, thank you.

MulberryBush12 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:26:05

Agree re hotter shoes

3Eggses Fri 23-Sep-16 19:40:06

[[http://www.marksandspencer.com/almond-toe-court-shoes-with-insolia/p/p22471389?image=SD_01_T02_1225W_Y1_X_EC_90&color=BLACKPATENT&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect M&S] I have these in nude. They have comfy insoles, the width is perfect and they aren't too high. They're also cheap. I don't ever wear heels but managed to totter around in these for an evening do without falling over. There's a few other options on M&S. Next are also pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now