Talk

Advanced search

How can I learning how to put eye make up on (at 50)

(5 Posts)
marylou21 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:57:50

Yes I know I could Youtube it or go to a make up counter etc. Tried this but it doesn't seem to do it for me. I want someone to literally show me regularly until I get it. Has anyone ever had a good make up lesson they would recommend?

GipsyDanger Thu 15-Sep-16 16:00:21

Personally, I learned everything I know from YouTube. It's finding someone who you like who uses products you would use. Wayne Goss is good, he does makeup for all ages.

GipsyDanger Thu 15-Sep-16 16:04:28

It's all practice to. Grab a pallet you like and just experiment. My products
Foundation; double wear light
Blusher; too faced
Highlight; too faced
Mascara; Lancôme
Eyeshadow; using too faced boudoir pallet but grab any of the pallets by urban decay, litterly can't go wrong
Lips; mac, Chanel
Brows; benefit

Soap and glory are a good brand to

dailymaillazyjournos Thu 15-Sep-16 16:28:44

Another Matt Goss fan here. He's done some of eye makeup for hooded eyes/older skin that really was good for me. And he tests different products out and reviews them which I also find useful. I'v worn make-up forever but was in a total rut with how I applied it, colours etc. Make-up counters can help a bit - has saved me a lot of foundations that don't work for my skin. I also always ask for testers of foundations because often it takes a few goes to know if you like it. I thought I'd found one by Clarins that I liked but testing it in this hot weather has put me off it. It just didn't stay on and I looked a greasy mess within a few hours.

FinallyHere Thu 15-Sep-16 16:37:48

These people http://www.alacartelondon.com may work for you. I started at a similar age ( a while ago now...) and tried a number of different places til I found Laura at Cosmetics a la Carte.

You will see their services, I started with an overhaul and had several sessions to go over the same ideas. Really really helpful. They could not have been more helpful or more patient. I now love how I look with their makeup, a very natural just like me by waaaay better. Unlike beauty counters they have no pressure to sell but are really knowledgable about their products.

All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now