Talk

Advanced search

Repair needed to Costume jewellery clasp

(7 Posts)
marylou21 Thu 15-Sep-16 15:50:08

Anyone any ideas on how /who to get a clasp on a favourite costume jewellery necklace. It cost about £40 and I love it, but can't wear it anymore.

PikachuSayBoo Thu 15-Sep-16 15:51:56

An independent jewellers will do it. Ive taken plenty of costume necklaces for repairs.

JamieLannistersFuckButler Thu 15-Sep-16 16:51:30

If you post a photo of the clasp and the bits around it I'll probably be able to advise you a bit.

I have some knowledge/experience, I have made bead jewellery when I wanted a particular colour, and I mend my own costume jewellery.

If you or a friend/husband can do a bit of DIY on it, it will cost you very little.

You can get the bits on eBay or in craft shops, (though it's not easy to get good quality fittings, sadly).

PikachuSayBoo Thu 15-Sep-16 17:25:50

If you're in London there's a very good costume jewellery making place near Seven Dials which sells clasps, etc. But to be honest by the time you've bought tools it would be cheaper getting it done in a shop. Think ive paid about £8 previously.

poppym12 Thu 15-Sep-16 19:13:43

I may be able to help if you could send a pic of the clasp.

marylou21 Thu 15-Sep-16 20:59:59

Will try and do that this weekend. Huge thanks

poppym12 Thu 15-Sep-16 22:30:48

What metal is it? I'll have a rummage to see if I have something suitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now