Talk

Advanced search

Hair straightening brush - Y or N?

(12 Posts)
flatmouse Thu 15-Sep-16 11:44:30

Have seen on groupon/livingsocial, and then compared price on Amazon (no better with the first), but it made me wonder if this would be a good Christmas present for DD?
My normal straighteners seem to live in her room and i'd like them back - so do i buy her her own straighteners or one of these brushes? Any comments positive/negative on them? Any makes to avoid/best make/model?

TIA

lifeistooshort Thu 15-Sep-16 11:51:44

Yes. I have got one and it is amazing would definitely recommend.

ilovecherries Thu 15-Sep-16 11:59:11

I like mine very much, but it doesn't give the glass-like effect of real straighteners. I don't like that over straightened look on me, I just like my hair smoothed down, so that works for me. My daughter never borrows the brush, although she's always nabbing my straighteners, so I guess it's because she prefers a sleeker look.

CoolToned Thu 15-Sep-16 12:09:53

I just got one recently. I agree, it will not give the glass-like, pin-straight effect of real straighteners, but this one's effect looks like real hair, just manageable.

AmberGreyson Thu 15-Sep-16 12:23:35

i had one too, one of my best purchase

flatmouse Thu 15-Sep-16 14:10:26

Thanks all!

hellsbellsmelons Thu 15-Sep-16 16:30:28

Wow - I'm surprised by this.
I got one and it returned it after one use.
It was useless.
But I have very thick very curly hair.
It made not dent at all and it took as long as straightening.
Get it so you can return it and it might work for you.

CoolToned Thu 15-Sep-16 20:37:15

hells -

I can see how it won't work with thick very curly hair. Mine is fine and not thick, so it's ok for me.

CointreauVersial Thu 15-Sep-16 22:32:52

Any makes you'd recommend? Some of them are so pricey!

Exploretheunexplored23 Thu 15-Sep-16 22:35:11

Interested! Ive seen some pricey ones and wary of parting with my cash incase theyre rubbish really. Has anyone come across any realistic tutorials on youtube? They seem too good to be true

Buzzardbird Thu 15-Sep-16 22:40:07

I know of a site where they are very well priced. Don't know if against guidelines to advertise for them but you PM me if you would like to know. My friend bought me one from there and it works well, even with my thick wavy hair, it just takes more practice.

CoolToned Fri 16-Sep-16 08:20:40

I have Snow Charm. It's just around $60AUD. I bought might from eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now