Botox for crows feet

(6 Posts)
Littlebee76 Wed 14-Sep-16 13:04:46

What do people think about Botox for crows feet?
I've just recently turned 40 and my '"laughter lines' are a permanent fixture now so I've been contemplating Botox for sometime now.
Anyone have any experience of Botox for crows feet? I'm a bit worried it's going to go wrong then I'll regret it..

Littlebee76 Wed 14-Sep-16 22:43:50

Bump

LostAtTheFair Wed 14-Sep-16 23:27:02

I had it done 6 weeks ago. It worked a treat.

singleandfabulous Thu 15-Sep-16 10:16:40

I've only ever had one good result and that was when I was your age. I had it done at Apsaras in Coventry. Fantastic clinic.

I've moved and since then have tried a couple of (very good) doctors with poor results.

I had cheek fat atrophy the second time i had it and it never came back (I have filler now to replace what was lost). The last time I had it I couldnt smile properly (my cheeks and smile didn't rise up when I smiled and my nose pulled up like a dog snarling) sad I also looked very odd when I spoke - almost like I'd had a stroke and my face was uneven/lopsided.

I've been told it's because of my face architecture (I have a short space between my eyes and mouth (small nose) where most people have a lot more space here. My face muscles also run differenlty to most people.

I daren't have it again after what happened in 2014 but my crows feet are terrible. Be careful.

Littlebee76 Thu 15-Sep-16 17:28:39

Oh no that sounds awful! How long did it take to go back to normal?

singleandfabulous Thu 15-Sep-16 19:21:37

It only took about three months to go as i had the smallest amount injected. It was worst from week 2 to week 10.

Everybody kept saying "what's wrong with your face" while scanning my face as I spoke. My sister said I looked like a stroke victim or a deaf person sad I videod myself and it was bizzare. My muscles just didnt work.

Ref my earlier comment re cheek attophy, it was the muscle that atrophied, not the fat. It's a known side effect in some people.

My forehead looks great and i still have that done and my 11s and a bit above each brow arch to raise my eyebrows. Such a shame about the crows feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now