Talk

Advanced search

What can I wear to posh arty party in London in this weather?

(12 Posts)
LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 12:47:24

I hardly ever get out but I am going to a posh industry party in a few days, which will be full of creative types. I have some nice print dresses but they would normally only work with tights and boots - that's what I was planning to wear as I thought it would be quite autumnal.

But it's going to be hot isn't it? But probably not hot enough to do bare legs and sandals? I have huge wide feet so my only sandals are chunky flats. I can't wear court shoes or "ladylike" shoes, I can't get them to fit, and don't have any.

Any thoughts? Shall I just wear tights and swelter?

Runningupthathill82 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:49:37

Jumpsuit, sandals, hair up, good earrings? Biker jacket over the top in case it gets chilly?

LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 12:53:57

Oh that sounds like it would look good Running, but sadly I don't own any of that! (except the sandals). Short hair and I'm pear-shaped and jumpsuits make me look like a sack of potaties. Waahh! I suit dresses that are nipped in at the waist, or fitted. I rarely do trousers except jeans for informal.

LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 12:54:19

(It would look good on someone else I mean! grin)

Littlebee76 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:57:10

A maxi dress & wedges..

Runningupthathill82 Wed 14-Sep-16 12:57:14

Ha! I'm sure you look nothing like a sack of spuds.
But..how about a sort of halfway compromise? Little dress with nude tights and shoes? You don't want to roast in opaques.

LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 12:59:36

I don't have any "shoes" <sob>

My shoes are:

Knee boots
Ankle boots
Trainers and hiking boots
Converse type things
Birkenstocks
1 pair of chunky, arty designer sandals which are cool, but would not go with tights at all.

Do I have to buy shoes? What like? I can't fit into any girlie shoes at all. (I really have tried)

DoneRacing Wed 14-Sep-16 12:59:54

When is the party? Temperatures are due to drop to 19 degrees on Friday so won't need summer wear. Whereabouts in London?

LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 13:21:56

It's on Weds next week, central London (don't want to say exactly in case I'm recognised!).

LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 13:22:19

I think of 19 as hot! (northerner)

DoneRacing Wed 14-Sep-16 13:36:34

Sorry, I'm cold at 19 degrees!

LadyMoth Wed 14-Sep-16 13:55:26

However that is making me think I could do tights after all, as it will be early evening. If I find some lightweight ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now