Biker jacket charity shop find!

(19 Posts)
DavetheCat2001 Wed 14-Sep-16 11:40:08

Just been on a trawl of my local chazza's, and fund this jacket which I think is pretty awesome.

Its dark brown and butter soft..v pleased!

I also bought 2 pairs of practically new jeans, one J Brand and one pair of Seven for all Mankind, all for the princely sum of £30.

Whoop! grin

PoppyBirdOnAWire Wed 14-Sep-16 12:07:52

I couldn't wear second hand jeans.

DataColour Wed 14-Sep-16 12:09:07

That's a great haul!

mowglik Wed 14-Sep-16 16:34:34

Oo that jacket is lovely!

Narnian Wed 14-Sep-16 16:35:27

envy

acornsandnuts Wed 14-Sep-16 16:36:26

Our charity shops are utter crap. I'm sure they charge more for primark clothes than primark actually do.

TeaPleaseLouise Wed 14-Sep-16 16:37:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DavetheCat2001 Wed 14-Sep-16 16:52:46

Thanks chaps!

I live in an area with a LOT of charity shops, and as I have been recently been made redundant I do have a fair bit of time on my hands!

There does seem to be an awful lot of Primark, TU and H&M to trawl through though!

If anyone is looking for anything specific I don't mind at all keeping an eye out smile I love a good hunt!

bearleftmonkeyright Wed 14-Sep-16 16:59:04

I found an awesome biker jacket today in a chazza shop but it was way too small. I bought some beautiful camper shoes from Oxfam the other day for 12.99. Most of my wardrobe is from charity shops including the jeans. <stares hard at poppy>

NerrSnerr Wed 14-Sep-16 17:03:04

Poppy I don't think the OP was offering to give you the jeans so I think you're ok.

That's a great find. I was really happy that I found a box of Harry Potter Lego for about £5 the other week.

barefootbird Wed 14-Sep-16 17:11:05

...you wash them first Poppy. I like a nice charity shop bargain myself but you won't hear me ask the assistant to cut the tag off so I can wear it home!

DavetheCat2001 Wed 14-Sep-16 17:13:40

The jeans, I am pretty sure, are brand new. They certainly don't look as if they have ever been worn. They're too small for me (size 25 and 26 waist), but my sister is a skinny minnie so I think i am going to give them to her..they were too good to not buy!

I also found a couple of those Nat West piggie banks from the 1980's!

bearleftmonkeyright Wed 14-Sep-16 17:30:01

Well done Dave. I love the feeling you get when you find something awesome in a charity shop.

Arriettyborrower Wed 14-Sep-16 22:25:11

Oooooo dave that jacket is fab!
I had a good chazza day, silk midi circle skirt with dropped waist from monsoon, v flattering. Washed dark grey silk top from banana republic, lovely dropped waist cotton summer-y skirt from Gap, diesel denim skirt, Denby pot and best of fleetwood Mac double cd all for under £18!

BathshuaSpooner Wed 14-Sep-16 22:28:32

Great find!!! I get most of my jeans off ebay and have not caught one icky bug yet grin

CointreauVersial Wed 14-Sep-16 22:32:13

Nice jacket, OP!

I have a beautiful grey suede biker jacket I bought in a charity shop a few years ago - it was just before they really became popular and I almost didn't buy it, but it has been worn to death.

Our local Cancer Research gets better and better - it is stuffed full of Reiss, Jigsaw and Jaeger at the moment.

Why no second hand jeans, Poppy? I can't see how they are different to any other pre-owned item. Do you not have a washing machine? What kind of hideous disease do you think you'll catch? hmm

DavetheCat2001 Wed 14-Sep-16 22:55:03

You can't beat a good chazza day!

dontcallmelen Thu 15-Sep-16 00:06:19

Dave that jacket is brilliant, yay too a good chazza day .

Floisme Thu 15-Sep-16 06:57:34

Wowsers what great finds. I got a leather jacket in Oxfam in the summer so I understand and share your joy.

Our charity shops are normally shite but the two local Oxfams have improved massively of late. I'm hoping this is due to a good manager and isn't just because some well dressed mumsnetter or other has been kondo-ing.

Poppy you do know you wear them with pants, don't you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now