Talk

Advanced search

Can I get this ombre out with a box dye? Pic included.

(5 Posts)
PatPhelan Wed 14-Sep-16 10:13:29

I had all natural virgin hair until my hairdresser friend turned up with a kit of bleach and persuaded me to ombre my hair. It was only supposed to be a trim...

I've had it in for 4 months now and although liking it initially, I want it out now. If I use a box or two of a medium brown will it go back to one colour? Can I avoid a trip to the salon?

Youvegottobekidding Wed 14-Sep-16 10:28:24

If that's you're natural colour at the top half of your head, looking at your photo, I'd say a medium brown would be too dark. I'd go for a medium blonde, perhaps a beige tone as I know applying brown or ash tones on bleached or highlighted hair can result in a slight green tinge. Box colours always, always turn out darker than on the box and more porous hair (dry hair that's been chemically treated) will soak up dye quicker.

Youvegottobekidding Wed 14-Sep-16 10:55:14

*your not you're natural colour!!

PatPhelan Wed 14-Sep-16 11:13:57

It is my natural colour! Ok I shall have a browse at some colours today and go for a medium blonde. My only worry is will make my natural colour go orangey?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 14-Sep-16 11:17:50

Personally, if you want to go back to your original colour I'd have a big trim and leave it. It won't take long to grow out and box dyes will never match your natural colour so you'll have to deal with roots as it grows out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now