Marc Jacobs warranty question

(5 Posts)
SouthernComforts Tue 13-Sep-16 22:13:27

Hi all, has anyone had experience of getting a Marc Jacob product repaired or replaced under warranty?

My watch has broken after 11 months angry.

I am going to send it off to their watch centre, but I was wondering if anyone else has done it and how long did it take to get back? Thanks.

WomanFromAnotherPlace Wed 14-Sep-16 00:11:34

There should be a 2 year warranty on it. If you have bought it from an authorised dealer then the warranty will be an official MJ one, where as unauthorised dealers will offer their own warranty, which doesn't necessarily mean it's covered for manufacturer repairs.
If the watch has developed a fault, (and it is from an official MJ stockists), you should return it to the retailer and they will either forward it on to the manufacturers for repair/replacement or replace it themselves.

When you say it has broken, do you mean the battery has stopped?

Also, MJ watches are distributed by Fossil in the UK, so it will be sent to their repair centre.

Repairs that aren't battery related can take 6-8 weeks.

HTH!

SouthernComforts Wed 14-Sep-16 12:31:52

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I bought it from House of Fraser so assuming it's an official retailer? I have the MJ warranty booklet with the vendor stamp in the back. That says to send it to Fossil.

The minute hand has fallen off!

WomanFromAnotherPlace Wed 14-Sep-16 15:11:31

It probably would be quicker to send directly to the manufacturers.
If there's no obvious damage to it that may have indicated you have dropped it or something (though Michael Kors/MJ/Fossil watches seem to develop this fault often) they should repair or replace free of charge. About 6-8 weeks at the most, but gave known them to repair in 3-4.

SouthernComforts Wed 14-Sep-16 18:53:44

I'll do that then. Nope it's not damaged at all apart from the hands so hopefully they will sort it. Thanks for your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now