Talk

Advanced search

Dungarees for a pear shape

(5 Posts)
okthen Tue 13-Sep-16 21:15:17

I know I'm late to the party, I'm finally ready to embrace dungarees. I have a dungaree dress that I LOVE but I want to move on to the full trouser denim dungaree.

So my shape is basically a hugely exaggerated pear:
Size 10 on top with small waist and stomach, small back and shoulders, 32DD boobs.
Basically ANYTHING GOES size-wise on the bottom. Massive bum. Massive hips. Can't get size 14 Topshop jeans past my thighs. In other shops I am a 14 for jeans; weirdly in Gap I buy size 12 jeans. But seriously my waist-hip ratio is like I am looking in a fairground mirror sometimes (I'm cool with that btw).

So are there any dungarees out there that will a) suit my shape and b) fit?
As well as wanting a nice pair, I also don't want to feel like absolute shite by attempting to try on dungarees that I can't even get on!

Fellow pears/hourglasses with junk in your trunk- which shops/styles should I try first? Or is it just a terrible idea?

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 13-Sep-16 21:24:30

I'm a similar shape but maybe a bit smaller on the bottom (10 top, 12 bottom) and I have brilliant Boden ones in black. They're great because the legs are slim, and they're super-flattering. I also have blue denim ones from Fatface which are a much more relaxed fit, but haven't worn them much as I just find them too baggy and shapeless. I'd never bought anything before or since from either place - saw the dungarees on two different bloggers - and while the Boden ones are a perfect fit in a 12, the Fatface ones in a 12 drowned me, and I sized down to a 10, but with hindsight an 8 would probably been better.

Oh, and ASOS have loads - might be worth ordering and trying on at home?

neveradullmoment99 Tue 13-Sep-16 21:44:45

I am a pear and wear these. Expensive but if you are smaller on top, you need to balance it. These fit me beautifully.

toast

shirkingworking Tue 13-Sep-16 21:48:03

I'm a pear and got some a few months ago from Anthopologie - although I really wanted the Boden Johnnie B ones... You need to try them on to make sure they don't look like a huge sack round the bum area but I think (?) they are quite flattering. Mine are sort of girlfriend leg and mid denim blue - normally go for dark denim but these were flattering.

Try some on - and wear with a white or Breton t-shirt underneath!

Enjoy...

okthen Tue 13-Sep-16 21:56:11

Thanks for ideas! What is girlfriend fit please? Bearing in mind that 'boyfriend fit' tends to look like leggings on me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now