Please can anyone find me a skirt like this ?? (but not at this £££ price!)

(8 Posts)
Laska5772 Mon 12-Sep-16 20:16:16

Someone at work was wearing a really interesting dress today .. she said it came from Cabbages and Roses .. ( well I looked at the site and she obviously earns WAY more than I do !) .. Anyway, I really like this cherry red skirt but shock £229!!!

Ive been looking around, .. but not seen anything Ilike Can anyone find me one like it ? . but at only ££ rather than £££ ?

I'd like a sort of heavish brocade fabric rather than a summer 50's style circle skirt .. (so not LindyBop )

Likely to need a 14 if it has a fixed waistband think ..

Thanks Stylanistas! xx

CoolToned Mon 12-Sep-16 20:23:12

If you just like the look, there are plenty which look similar in [http://www.chicwish.com/bottoms/skirt.html Chicwish]]

Aliexpress too but it's a hit and miss with the sizing.

Loyly Mon 12-Sep-16 20:24:13

This from ASOS is slightly similar. It's not brocade but it is heavier scuba fabric so not summery/Lindybop style - click 'view catwalk' to see it in motion. It's only £30, has a fixed waistband, and the same soft pleats as the Cabbage & Roses skirt.

Laska5772 Mon 12-Sep-16 20:41:53

loly thats quite nice.. havent heard of Scuba fabric before though.. I might give it a go

Laska5772 Mon 12-Sep-16 20:43:35

Actually What I think I need is a pattern maybe.. I am sure it cant be too difficult to make one like it ( or get one made..)

RobberBride Mon 12-Sep-16 23:02:18

New Look currently have lots of patterned skirts in that style

GinAndOnIt Tue 13-Sep-16 07:16:56

Oh there are some lovely things on that website! I've never heard of them before either.

FreiasBathtub Tue 13-Sep-16 09:13:54

Laska I was just coming on to ask if you can sew! I think it'd be pretty easy to make something like that. All the shaping looks to be in the darts so it'd just be a question of measuring waist, hips and the vertical distance between them, adding a bit of width for fullness and then doing some maths. I'm sure there would be patterns out there as well. Even if you get a seamstress to make it it'll cost less than £229 (and will fit impeccably).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now