Talk

Advanced search

Ideas to quickly and easily pimp my wedding dress?

(27 Posts)
Weddingdresshelp Mon 12-Sep-16 19:03:08

Getting married in a few days, just a tiny affair with a handful of guests, and I've bought this dress from asos:
https://www.google.ie/search?q=asos+embellished+waist+maxi+wedding+dress&client=ms-android-h3g-ie&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV3rnVs4rPAhXIB8AKHaKsBzIQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=Ot6ABZpwzM7tZM%3A

It fits beautifully and looks great on but I'm panicking now that it's a bit plain which is silly because it's such a small wedding and I hate fuss anyway

Anyone got any quick and easy tips to jazz it up without the risk of damaging it?

Weddingdresshelp Mon 12-Sep-16 19:04:59

Not sure why that link didn't work sorry.

www.google.ie/search?q=asos+embellished+waist+maxi+wedding+dress&client=ms-android-h3g-ie&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV3rnVs4rPAhXIB8AKHaKsBzIQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=Ot6ABZpwzM7tZM%3A

Littleelffriend Mon 12-Sep-16 19:05:57

It's gorgeous which shoes are you wearing?

FelixFelix Mon 12-Sep-16 19:06:54

That's gorgeous! I don't think it needs pimping at all. It's the kind of dress which needs to be styled very simply to show it off, just like how they have done it in the photo. I don't think it looks too plain.

Madbengalmum Mon 12-Sep-16 19:07:19

I was going to say a diamonte belt,but obviously you already have the detail there. So i would just say jewellery, necklace,earrings and some nice bracelets. Could you go for it with the shoes too?

dalmatianmad Mon 12-Sep-16 19:08:48

It's beautiful! I love the fact that it's simple and plain, don't pimp it up!
Good luck on your special day smile

Weddingdresshelp Mon 12-Sep-16 19:09:48

That's what I thought originally Felix, it's grecian style with low backline and the beauty is the simplicity of it. I think I'm panicking because I've had a few fb friends get married recently so my newsfeed is spammed with flouncy elaborate dresses blush Although in fairness, this weddings were big affairs. I have some very high sparkly gold shoes to go with it.

Madbengalmum Mon 12-Sep-16 19:13:09

Upon reflection i would omit necklace,but put a nice bracelet and earrings with it. And some sparkle on the shoes

FauxFox Mon 12-Sep-16 19:13:57

What about a tiara?

burnishedsilver Mon 12-Sep-16 19:14:57

Oh it's gorgeous. It's perfect just as it is.

slanleat Mon 12-Sep-16 19:21:54

I agree with everyone else. It's beautiful, and its the simplicity of it that makes it special.

Enjoy your day.

growcookeat Mon 12-Sep-16 19:25:15

How about some dangly sparkly earrings? They wouldn't compete with the high neckline then. If the back is low could you wear a reverse necklace type thing - something like this?

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Flovelace-media.imgix.net%2Fuploads%2F672%2Fdefae0a0-cb9f-0133-7352-0e8f20e97865.jpg%3F&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bustle.com%2Farticles%2F147620-10-reverse-necklaces-for-adorning-your-beautiful-back-all-spring-summer-long-photos&docid=EDmJNPznMntWkM&tbnid=hdwcNzhSk4YzPM%3A&w=570&h=856&hl=en-gb&client=safari&bih=559&biw=375&ved=0ahUKEwissM_fuYrPAhVnCMAKHW2lBQ8QMwgeKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Weddingdresshelp Mon 12-Sep-16 19:36:09

Thanks for calming me down everyone grin I think you're all right, jewellery is the way to go. Neckline is too high for a neck lace though. I was thinking maybe pearl earrings/bracelet but maybe sparkly is the way to go

Pinkerbeller Mon 12-Sep-16 19:42:13

That's stunning! If the sparkles don't come off the dress then go that way for earrings and bracelet rather than pearls. Are you carrying anything? A small bouquet and flowers in the hair would 'bride it up' if you wanted more.

Congratulations! cake

Tinklypoo Mon 12-Sep-16 19:44:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shockers Mon 12-Sep-16 19:44:55

A fresh flower in your hair.

Your dress is gorgeous!

SilentlyScreamingAgain Mon 12-Sep-16 19:45:34

That's a wonderful dress, you'll look amazing.

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 12-Sep-16 19:47:13

Stunning!! Doesn't need any pimping, I'd say gold jewellery if you're going with gold shoes.

Ringadingdingdong22 Mon 12-Sep-16 19:50:39

That is a beautiful dress. It doesn't need pimping at all. I think I'd pay to have a really nice up do done and make sure make up is flawless.

ladyformation Mon 12-Sep-16 20:56:00

Absolutely beautiful!

If you're going high gold shoes, I would do some very long, very delicate gold earrings and leave it at that. Something like this (this is the cheap version, you could of course get a much more expensive version if you're looking to invest): www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-long-drop-ball-earrings-gold-silver/p2761530?sku=236042771&gclid=CMmbgYDOis8CFQEgcgod93wAjg&gclsrc=ds

justilou Tue 13-Sep-16 20:31:05

I love it! It's a classic and won't date. I would find a statement piece of jewellery - a tiara, bracelet or earrings. I think it would be too easy to lose the details with too many accessories. Are you having flowers? All of these details will make this feel more bridal, trust me. Congratulations! I hope your big day is everything you've ever dreamt of!

How are you styling your hair? I think something bridal in your hair would help quite a lot - either sparkly or some lovely fresh flowers?

Peopleplease Tue 13-Sep-16 20:58:18

I got my wedding jewellery from this site. Beautiful and not too expensive

Cracker09jacker Tue 13-Sep-16 21:09:13

That dress is beautiful! The elegance and simplicity of it just shine through. Your sparkly shoes, dramatic earrings, hair and make and maybe if you're worried about being chilly pic up a fur stole, if nothing else you can drape it over your shoulder for some old Hollywood glamour photos

Bibs2014 Tue 13-Sep-16 21:53:29

Gorgeous dress!

I second Glitzy Secrets for jewellery to go with it.

My friend had a similar dress for her wedding and wore a back necklace like a PP suggested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now