Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know an eye cream to help improve the look of very tired eyes-dark circles and puffiness etc?

(11 Posts)
Indecisivejo Mon 12-Sep-16 09:19:15

Also gentle as my eyes are very sensitive. I'm fed up of looking like I haven't slept for weeks, I'm not expecting a miracle I just want some improvement.

annielostit Mon 12-Sep-16 09:28:22

www.myperfecteyes.co.uk

This was tested in a daily mirror article at the weekend. Apparently it's very good I'm thinking of getting somesmile for my wrinkles.

JaneAustinAllegro Mon 12-Sep-16 09:42:10

unicorn tears? I've tried a million of them over the years and haven't found the holy grail. Spa tone iron supplement helps with the dark circles for me. The ones that don't - Clarins one in the red pump dispenser, Balance Me gel, StriVectin. There's an Estee Lauder one that I'll be going back to next, but I can't remember the name - it does a fraction over the buggerall that the rest deliver! Ice cubes in the morning are good for puffiness, and I have some silicone mask things that sit in your bags for half an hour like little gold slugs and they're good at temporary tightening the whole area up.

JaneAustinAllegro Mon 12-Sep-16 09:46:32

I'd run a mile from any product like that magic eyes that doesn't say exactly what's in it, especially if you have sensitive skin. You should look out for vits A, C, E, hyaluronic acid. Things like mulberry, liquorice, caffeine and camomile. Depending on your budget, maybe aim more for the bad packaging / properly tested like Environ, Skinceuticals etc. Should be in glass, not plastic.

0dfod Mon 12-Sep-16 09:48:42

I use Aloe Vera gel from Holland and Barrett about £3 and often in the special offers.

specialsubject Mon 12-Sep-16 10:02:43

There are some fairly fierce ingredients in that perfecteyes stuff. I thought parabens were bad???

Indecisivejo Tue 13-Sep-16 13:35:45

Thank you. Anyone else???? Pleeeease! smile

OCSockOrphanage Tue 13-Sep-16 20:28:10

The Clinique Hyaluronic one is the one I am currently using, bought it as a set in duty free and am quietly pleased with it. At least, I've used it more than twice!

RobberBride Tue 13-Sep-16 21:01:11

Start with the Superdrug Simply Pure serum. I use it on my eyes, no irritation despite my supersensitive skin. It doesn't work miracles but it does contain a lot of the things mentioned up thread, and it is a bargain. If your sensitive eyes are ok with that, move on to Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free serum, about £10 on Amazon. After that, unicorn tears.

BadlyDrawnBuoy Tue 13-Sep-16 21:54:45

This stuff does the job, however it's just a temporary / cosmetic fix. I don't know how it works, but it certainly tightens and lifts - I have horrendous insomnia at the moment but this makes me look well-slept. Apply in the morning only - you're better off using something cheaper / hydrating at night.

www.renskincare.com/uk/face/by-product-type/eyes/keep-young-and-beautiful-instant-brightening-beauty-shot.html

JohnCheese Tue 13-Sep-16 22:22:42

I don't buy into much of this but this one from Kiehls is as good as I've found. Has some light reflective thangamabobs in it, liquorice root, and even better - spf30.

Don't think this product magically disappears my dark circles, even a little, but they definitely look better with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now