Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone wear the scarfs round their head with hair up style??

(12 Posts)
Anothernamechanger1 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:29:46

Not sure if I can explain it, but hair is up, a bright coloured bit of material is wrapped behind the ears and ties on top of the head. 50's style? I can't link...

Does any one have this style? Where could I get some pointers and wether or not it will suit me!

ImperialBlether Sun 11-Sep-16 20:33:46

I just quickly found this - is this the kind of thing you mean?

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:35:43

Yeah that's the kind of thing. I don't wear the style of clothes to go with it but Iv lost quite a bit of hair through stress and my hair is long but I won't cut it, at the moment all I do is wear it in a long side plait as I hate my hair off my face but I can't wear it down.

Was thinking that sort of style is interesting to look at and the material/scarf thing helps to cover the scalp?

TweedAddict Sun 11-Sep-16 20:38:53

I do, not every day but now and again. I love them, I get the ones with wire running though them, I like to warp my hair around the base of my neck around the scarf, that or put up in a messy bun. I find them easy to wear and good for a change

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:41:50

I have no idea how to do this. I'm a fan of a quiff at the front, where do you but the scarf? How do you know thickness and length etc?

Southernc0mfortmirror Sun 11-Sep-16 20:47:39

This blog www.rockalily.com/blog/rockabilly-bandana-tutorial.html has a good tutorial.

GinIsIn Sun 11-Sep-16 20:50:47

I quite often wear mine like this, and it's soooo easy to do:

dudsville Sun 11-Sep-16 20:51:57

That's something I've often thought was cute but have never done it. I might give it a try!

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:52:34

Fab thanks will have look at the video when I'm on laptop. What about the actual scarf? I don't want a massive one..... ESP as its a new thing.... Would like one a little bit discreet... Where do you buy them?

HairsprayQueen Sun 11-Sep-16 20:57:30

Lots of scarves for that kind of style on eBay and etsy etc. Search things like rockabilly headscarf

ThePortlyPinUp Sun 11-Sep-16 21:03:55

Usually it's a square bandana folded and then tied around the hair, that's how I do it smile I buy mine from ebay usually.

Anothernamechanger1 Sun 11-Sep-16 21:10:22

Thanks hairspray, Iv ordered one. Will have a look at that video too. See what I come up with!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now