Uneven layers in hair

(3 Posts)
MumUndone Sun 11-Sep-16 14:22:38

Had my hair cut yesterday; asked the hairdresser if he could even out my layers, since the last time I had it cut (by someone else) more layers seemed to have been added to one side than the other. Hairdresser then said, it's not possible to have even layers with a side parting (which I always style my hair with) as then one side would have hardly any hair...

Was a bit confused; I don't have a very deep side parting and I'm pretty certain I've had my hair cut before so that the layers are the same length on each side when parted.

Also, I have previously had a short bob with a side parting, and each side was definitely the same length when parted.

So...any hairdressers around who can advise? Was he talking bollocks?? I now still have shorter layers on one side than the other, and it's driving me nuts...should I just grow them out?

Bambooshoots14 Sun 11-Sep-16 15:11:07

I've had both ways. Depends on the hairdresser the way they do it

MoBro Sun 11-Sep-16 19:10:25

If your hair is cut in a traditional centre parting, then you style it on the side yourself; the layers on the heavier side will be over directed creating shorter layers and more volume. If you asked me for symmetry within the layers, I would cut your hair where you normally part it. Have you got a picture of the cut?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now