Talk

Advanced search

I would like this look...

(6 Posts)

Ok so I'm 40 and have kids and am a size 16 but I've wanted to dress like this since I was 20 (and could have pulled it off but self esteem issues meant very baggy clothes at that age) finally don't give a shit what other people think but not sure how to now wear that look. Suggestions? Advice? (I especially want to know how to do the jeans and boots things)

PNGirl Sat 10-Sep-16 21:20:15

Ah, Jessica Jones. She made me run out and buy a leather jacket the day after we finished the series.

The biker boots need to be the right height (not too short) for your legs and have enough room in them for the jeans without them having to be stuffed in. Tops must be neutral.

Her actual leather jacket cost about a million pounds from Acne and her jeans were £100 designer ones bought in multiples but I think as long as they fit they don't need to be expensive.

WhereThereIsGinThereIsHope Sat 10-Sep-16 21:32:57

I also love that look but am slightly worried about looking like a roadie....
maybe if I had shiny hair like hers....

"The biker boots need to be the right height (not too short) for your legs and have enough room in them for the jeans without them having to be stuffed in. Tops must be neutral. "

This is what I am crap at, the details the boots would be the wrong length and the t-shirts wouldn't hang right as I have no boobs. I also can't wear black . Guess I'll stick at converse, jeans and hoodies...

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Sun 11-Sep-16 13:07:53

I came on to say 'ah Jessica Jones' too. Love her.
I'd just go out and try on loads of different jeans and jackets with this look in mind and see what suits best. I would have thought it is relatively easy to cope this. Maybe experiment with fake leather jackets before you splurge on the real thing.

And whatever you do don't watch 'don't trust the b** in apartment 23. Krysten Ritter looks and is awesome as Chloe, but she and only she could pull off her outfits and hair in that!

Ohchristmastreeohchristmastree Sun 11-Sep-16 18:39:45

Just thought I'd add that you would probably need slim leg jeans. Which are slim, but not skinny on the ankle. Or a relaxed skinny might work. You could tuck these into biker boots easily. It probably would be slightly easier to tuck skinnies into boots, but JJ's look is slightly more relaxed. H and M do good slim leg jeans in their logg range - about the same colour too. HTH
Don't forget your grey infinity scarf and black fingerless gloves smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now