Talk

Advanced search

Minimiser/support bras & measuring

(5 Posts)
Youvegottobekidding Sat 10-Sep-16 16:49:19

Ok, so the last time I was measured was in M&S about 2-3 years ago & i wasn't entirely convinced it was an an accurate measurement. Anyway I've been wearing bras from Next but lately they've been feeling a bit uncomfortable, underboob, back riding up & any adjustments to the strap or band makes no difference.

My boobs are teardrop shape & are kind of like deflated water balloons, if that makes sense! There's no fullness at the top so they sag sad so I need scaffolding/support. I was measured at a 38/40 DD.

I'd like to be measured again, M&S is the nearest & most convienient, but I'm reluctant to trust their accuracy!

I can't afford to spend £££, so £20-£40 (for 2 would be good!) and where is good to be measured?

KatharinaRosalie Sat 10-Sep-16 17:04:05

Noooo not M&S. And if they measured as 38/40DD, I would guess you're more like 34FF. Can you get to Bravissimo?

KatharinaRosalie Sat 10-Sep-16 17:05:18

Oh and don't go for minimisers, they just flatten your boobs. Padded half-cups or balconnettes are way more flattering for boobs that have lost some top fullness.

NicknameUsed Sat 10-Sep-16 17:10:47

If the bra is riding up the band is clearly too big. It sounds like you need to go down a few band sizes and up a few cup sizes. M and S are notorious for getting it wrong so please don't go there.

You need to measure your rib cage just under your boobs, and I bet it is much less than 38 or 40". This is your band measurement. Your cup size is the difference between the under boob measurement and over boob measurement. It is explained properly here

And please don't buy minimiser bras, they are deeply, deeply unflattering.

AnotherEmma Sat 10-Sep-16 17:14:57

What's with all the threads about bras and bra size recently?!

Do not go to M&S. Go to Bravissimo. Your boobs will thank us wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now