Talk

Advanced search

Childs traditional nighdress for Roald Dahl day

(9 Posts)
theothersideof40 Sat 10-Sep-16 08:15:14

My childs school are dressing up as Roald Dahl characters next Friday she wants to go as Sophie from the BFG, so i wanted to get her a plain cotton nightie but i cant find one that isnt expensive anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas?
Maybe not as old fashioned as in the photo,.but nothing my litte pony etc!

CakeNinja Sat 10-Sep-16 08:59:55

Cath kidston (or however you spell it?!)

CakeNinja Sat 10-Sep-16 09:01:57

DD had one from there, a pale pink and white striped cotton one.

theothersideof40 Sat 10-Sep-16 09:03:55

Ok thanks

acurtis1234 Sat 10-Sep-16 09:09:35

How old/tall is she? Would she fit into a ladies size 6, with some hemming? If so places like Bon Marche, Ann Harvey would be cheap...BHS too if it were still around!

I've just searched for White Company nightie on ebay and loads of floral but traditional looking ones come up for less than £10. You could always message the seller if a particular one takes your fancy and make an offer for closing the sale early and posting...

rollonthesummer Sat 10-Sep-16 09:10:03

Powell craft
Boden
Laura Ashley

MsWorthington Sat 10-Sep-16 09:21:00

I've been looking for one of these for my DD for a haloween costume (she wants to be a Victorian ghost girl) and I can't find any cheap ones. This has actually ended up in me buying a sewing machine, something I have been thinking about doing for some time anyway, so I can make her one.

MirrorMirrorOnTheFloor Sat 10-Sep-16 09:25:05

Boden (but secondhand on eBay for cheapness). We have a few of them as they go on and on and on so they're good value.

Bonhomie321 Sat 10-Sep-16 22:58:55

I second Powell craft. Gorgeous nighties. 100% cotton. I have got some on eBay. Beautiful when new.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now