Which foundation? Help!

(6 Posts)
MissHemsworth Fri 09-Sep-16 23:23:28

Just wondered if anyone could recommend a high street and/or a high end foundation for me. I've notice in photos recently my skintone looks dull, uneven and, well, old really! There are so many foundations out there I don't know where to start! So any recommendations (to help me achieve a youthful glow) would be gratefully received thank you!

wowfudge Sat 10-Sep-16 09:09:33

I have a Clarins one at the moment - Extra Comfort. I had been using their Ever Lasting one, but was finding it a bit mask-like. They have some really good colours too. My skin is pale, but a lot of pale foundations are too pink based. Theirs are more yellow based and work better for me.

What is your skin like?

pinkieandperkie Sat 10-Sep-16 09:26:19

My foundation started looking wrong on me as I'm ageing so I went and had the Boots colour match service and given samples. This really made a difference as the colour suggested (cool ivory) was spot on and made me look more alive and less washed out. I had three different number 7 foundation samples, one was matt and one was illuminating and I can't remember the other but after trying all three I got the matt one which gives really good coverage (I have crap skin).

MissHemsworth Sat 10-Sep-16 17:47:43

Thanks Fudge I do love Clarins creams but have never tried their make up. My skin is quite greasy & prone to adult acne, fairly pale in winter.

MissHemsworth Sat 10-Sep-16 17:50:36

Thanks Pinkie I might give the No7 colour match a go then, I like the sound of being able to take away some samples. I seem to have loads of foundations none of which are suitable for my skin type or the right colour!

dibly Sat 10-Sep-16 18:37:42

44 yo with dehydrated combination skin here. I love Dior nude as a treat, and bourgeois city radiance as a budget buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now