What size bra am I?!

(12 Posts)
Leirope Fri 09-Sep-16 18:30:30

I've done a couple of different online calculators and gotten different results from all of them. I came across a few old threads on how to measure properly so thought I'd give it a go.

My band is just under 29" and when bending over my bust is between 38 and 39", but is 37" when stood up.

Currently wearing an M&S 32G. One cup is too small and the straps fall down despite being as tight as they'll go.

BackforGood Fri 09-Sep-16 18:34:06

We've been really impressed with The Bra Guru ' s advice.

wowfudge Fri 09-Sep-16 18:58:51

You're wearing the straps too tight if they are falling down. Sounds like your current bras are completely the wrong size. You should try a 30 band and go and try on different cup sizes - smaller than you have been wearing.

I found a smaller band and larger cup size was a much better fit, but the cup size I needed wasn't as big as the measurements suggested. Everyone's different though and different bras in the same brand all fit differently on different people!

bluebiro Fri 09-Sep-16 19:17:45

28GG/H or 30G/GG as a starting point. Don't forget to "scoop" (as described on this page). Probably best to avoid M&S as their sizing is not very consistent (if they even stock those sizes). Suggest trying brands from Bravissimo. Some brands can be found at cheaper prices on websites such as brastop. Hope that helps!

bluebiro Fri 09-Sep-16 19:20:46

Straps falling down usually mean that the band is too big.

Hercules12 Fri 09-Sep-16 19:35:26

Can you get to independent shop? I couldn't get my size from m and s or not any that fitted me. Good independent shop will fit properly and have more sizes.

Ratley Fri 09-Sep-16 19:44:53

If I was you I would try a 30F, I know people say use the bending over measurement but I found that was much to big.
I wear a 30H and fill it well, my bending over measurement suggest 4 cup sizes bigger but that is daft ( upright I am 40inches over bust and bending over 44 inches, underbust is 30 inches).

becandgeo Fri 09-Sep-16 21:22:35

Hi can I join the thread please? I measure 29 inches in rib cage and 34.5 across bust... M&s tell me I'm a 34A - nooo!! Help anyone please? X

Passthecake30 Fri 09-Sep-16 21:59:01

I'm a 29/39 and wear a 30ff.

Mummyshortlegz Fri 09-Sep-16 22:01:03

Where is best to go and get measured if you don't trust your own measurements?

SoOverItNow Fri 09-Sep-16 22:04:59

Get fitted by a shop if you can.

Rigby and Peller, if you're near London, or Bravissimo both offer excellent bra fitting service. I go annually as i do change sizes as weight fluctuates and I age!

MassDebate Sat 10-Sep-16 08:12:21

becandgeo I have similar measurements and find 30E most comfortable but not in all styles. (I think a 28 bamd would fit better but they're so rarely available that I stick with a 30 band as there is more choice.) I have pretty shallow breasts so balconette or push up styles work best for me - it really is trial and error though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now