I need warm toasty slippers

(19 Posts)
Squirrelfruitandnutkin Fri 09-Sep-16 14:48:13

I've had sheepskin ones (snugs ones) which I loved but the foam sole has peeled away from the slipper part and won't be glued back down.

Any suggestions/ recommendations?

Warm is a must as I get raynauds in my hands and feet. I work from home so they're going to get a lot of wear.

And ideally under £50.

Nearlyadoctor Fri 09-Sep-16 15:11:54

Just sheepskin are really good. Always last at least a couple of years and we wear slippers all the time indoors, never shoes and all hard flooring.

www.justsheepskin.com

Rinceoir Fri 09-Sep-16 17:00:33

I have very warm cosy Ugg slippers.

FlamingoFling Fri 09-Sep-16 17:12:08

I bought these from next recently, real suede with thick sole so I can run outside in them, super cosy and £20

Mumstudentbum Fri 09-Sep-16 17:15:07

M&s did some with silver soles that were fabulous. I too suffer when it's cold and these lasted me years. Since making the house warmer I've got away with just cheap slippers so don't need anymore.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 09-Sep-16 17:22:49

Sketchers Ugg style ankle boots.
Divine

u32ng Fri 09-Sep-16 22:28:57

Another vote for just sheepskin. I have the Albury(?) boot ones as I also have poor feet circulation. They are honestly the best slippers ever and my feet have never been cold in them. I have also had them 5+ years and they're still going! Although to be fair we live in a tiny bungalow and a one bedroom flat before then so not much mileage hahagrin

CointreauVersial Sat 10-Sep-16 00:39:23

These sheepskin boots from Sheepland are amazing - I buy the "seconds", which are a great price, and tbh you can barely see the faults. They go on for years.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Sep-16 07:31:48

You can buy synthetic fake uggs on Amazon. That way the sole won't wear out.

MyBreadIsEggy Sat 10-Sep-16 07:39:43

DH and I both have these from The North Face. They are like little sleeping bags for your feet grin designed for arctic conditions.

Nearlyadoctor Sat 10-Sep-16 11:52:22

Fluffy intrigued as to why the sole won't wear out on Synthetic uggs? Most uggs/ just sheepskin are hard soled not suede.

PNGirl Sat 10-Sep-16 12:58:02

Another vote for sheepland slipper boots. They're £57.50 and a bit cheaper as seconds but I bought my mum some for christmas a couple of years ago and she loves them.

sheepskin.co.uk/shop/luxury-sheepskin-indoor-slipper-boots-seconds.htm

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-Sep-16 13:43:54

Sorry I meant a thick sole for outdoors will last longer than a leather soled slipper because you end up nipping to the bins in them or to the car & I think that's what wears them out.

Cheesymonster Sat 10-Sep-16 18:11:02

I bought some that look just like the
one's pictured up thread from Primark - £4.

peachypips Sat 10-Sep-16 18:24:59

Moshulu furry slippers are great. I have boots, but have noticed they aren't selling them at the mo.
They have these:

www.moshulu.co.uk/m/ladies/slippers/bo_apple.htm

CinnamonTwist Sat 10-Sep-16 18:28:29

Another vote for just sheepskin, I've had mine over 2 years and they are still looking fab, sole hardly worn even though I live in them when at home (I wish I could wear them at work wink) can't remember what style mine are but they're like little boots and keep my ankles all snuggley!

Paddingtonthebear Sat 10-Sep-16 18:32:24

I have the £4 primark ones too, the memory foam ones.

Randytortoise Sat 10-Sep-16 18:34:30

Fleece lined Croc slippers are great. Really warm and snuggly.

Squirrelfruitandnutkin Sat 10-Sep-16 21:17:44

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I do love the sheepskin ones I've had so might have to save up for some.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now