Talk

Advanced search

Do Tote/ Shopper style bags stay on your shoulder?

(5 Posts)
Closetlibrarian Fri 09-Sep-16 14:32:05

I use a backpack as my work bag and I'm fed up of how inaccessible everything is (it's got buckle straps, and I have to take thing entirely off my back to get something, e.g, keys, train ticket, etc). Was thinking a 'tote' or 'shopper' type bag would be better - I need something big enough to get my laptop in, and all the other crap... But do they actually stay on your shoulder? Or are they always slipping off?

ilovecherries Fri 09-Sep-16 15:11:46

I think they are the devil's work in relation to your back health - you will almost inevitably have to lift one shoulder slightly higher to keep it in place, especially if you've got a laptop etc in it. But they are lovely to look at. . Rucksack or cross body bag are the back friendly options, and the latter isn't great if it's loaded either - and neither particularly flattering, I find.

Hopefully Fri 09-Sep-16 16:09:26

Cross body all the way, but anything that sits on one shoulder isn't great for your back if you overload it.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Fri 09-Sep-16 16:23:41

Not on mine unless overloaded with stuff to make them heavy.

ElspethFlashman Fri 09-Sep-16 16:29:00

Cross body if there's a laptop in there.

As to whether they stay in your shoulder - some do, some don't. Some stay comfy, some dig in like mad.

I can't think of anything heavier than a laptop under the armpit though. Get a cross body with wide strap and a small pocket on the front for your small bits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now