Talk

Advanced search

Going out in style

(8 Posts)
iMum Thu 08-Sep-16 21:07:41

I'm going on a girlie weekend to Manchester next week-with my gorgeous friends who manage to do effortless chic, well effortlessly.
We are doing a posh wine bar one eve and an alternative club the next plus usual shopping/lunch etc.

I have the alt club sorted.
What I'm struggling with it a more refined outfit.

I'm 5.11, my height is in my legs and I wont wear heels.
A size 16
GG norks
Narrow shoulders, small waist and large hips.

I tend to wear and indeed own about a billionty tea dresses in various floral and polka dot patterns-I want something more grown up.

I'm body confident, not really on a mission to look thinner than I am but deffo balanced, so sleeveless is out as it makes my top half feel and look far narrower than my bottom half.
I've trawled Asos to no avail but have recently bought tho frock, a pleather a line skirt and a nice shirt from Hennes.

I don't do sparkle, prefer black or darker colours. Love scoop necks, no frills-I'm an ex goth still a bit alternative vintage looking I suppose but not interested in playing 50s dress up if that makes sense?

Help! Please!!!

iMum Fri 09-Sep-16 09:35:46

Bumping bump! Please help!!

iMum Fri 09-Sep-16 09:36:09

Bumpity bump even hmm

ThanksForAllTheFish Fri 09-Sep-16 10:34:14

Have you had a look at pepperberry? They are very flattering for big boobs.

Would something like this or www.bravissimo.com/m/pepperberry/#products/sale/dresses/day-dresses/macey-dress/ochre-print/pd497ocp/this work for you?

Maybe even www.bravissimo.com/m/pepperberry/#products/sale/dresses/occasion-and-party-dresses/lace-detail-jumpsuit/black-gold/pd486bgd/this?

I'm also still a goth at heart but I would wear all of the things I've linked (the yellow and black one is my faviourate). For shoes would you do wedges? I don't really do heels either but I can cope with wedges so long as they have straps to hold them onto my feet.

Alternatively I'm sure you will have a really nice black dress (as a goth person) in your wardrobe that you could dress up for going out. You can never really go wrong with a black dress.

iMum Fri 09-Sep-16 13:33:54

Thank you fish but I can't make the links work! Hang on....

FauxFox Fri 09-Sep-16 17:23:44

linea black
burgundy overlay
black with buckle
phase 8 greys
phase 8 chevron
black and blue

ThanksForAllTheFish Sat 10-Sep-16 10:44:43

I can't get the links to work either - strange. I've put some photos in of the things I linked.

I do love the dress you linked in your original post imum. Is that one you already have or were thinking about buying?

iMum Sat 10-Sep-16 12:57:26

Thanks guys!
I love the pussy bow one linked above and the chevron dress smile
The oasis one I bought on Wednesday, I'm super curvy so it looks different on me but I think the high collar and long sleeves acts against the tightness of it so I don't feel like I'm trying for overly sexy.
I don't do overly sexy-I try sometimes but invariably end up looking more drag queen than anything else, think it's the height (add on heels for extra hilarity) the comedy breasts and the fact my friend are mainly 5ft nothing lol.

Thanks for the proper berry tip, scored this great find on eBay that hopefully will be here in time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now