Talk

Advanced search

Korean CC cream. Whitening?!

(9 Posts)
SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Thu 08-Sep-16 16:35:09

I'm a bit confused. I know people are raving about Korean beauty products but I'm a bit disappointed that the one I ordered from Amazon lists this as one of the benefits. It doesn't say this in the description. I bought it as I thought it was for pale skin. Not to give me paler skin. Btw if this is any use to anyone pm me and I'll post it to you.

CharlesBakerHarris Thu 08-Sep-16 16:36:42

A lot of Asian products claim they're whitening as its more desirable to be pale in many countries, I'm not sure to what extent though. (Sorry, not really helpful!)

FrustratedFrugal Thu 08-Sep-16 16:38:23

Whitening=brightening

We are obsessed with bronzers and contouring, they with pale, glowy skin.

CreamTeaFor4 Thu 08-Sep-16 16:43:39

I've PM'd you smile

eyebrowsonfleek Thu 08-Sep-16 16:43:58

As a previous poster said, they use whitening to mean brightening. Don't worry that you're going to look as pale as a ghost.

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Thu 08-Sep-16 16:44:22

Frustrated does that mean creams I buy from Boots that say brightening are whitening? Or is it more an Asian thing? Sorry if I sound dense. blush

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Thu 08-Sep-16 16:47:18

PM's you back Cream tea.

LemonDr1zzle Thu 08-Sep-16 16:49:49

In the UK, brightening = brightening. In the Far East, whitening = more pale. That's my experience, it's been popular for a v long time in the Far East to be less tanned and more pale. We don't have the same issues concerns over complexion in the UK.

HappyAxolotl Thu 08-Sep-16 16:51:33

A lot of Asian products with high SPF claim to be whitening. I suppose they are in a loose kind of way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now