Talk

Advanced search

Have Next completely lost it?

(77 Posts)
faffalotty Thu 08-Sep-16 13:43:06

or is this actually fashionable?

www.next.co.uk/g5434s5#454851

Went to pick up some school uniform from a store yesterday and saw this shock There were other equally hideous items too. Wolf fleeces next?

LadyMaryofDownt0n Thu 08-Sep-16 13:45:26

I think that's better than their last two collections. Honestly they are so far off the mark for me I haven't bought anything from it in ages.

ageingrunner Thu 08-Sep-16 13:47:59

I like it blush tescos have got a kind of bomber jacket that's similar. I know it's not exactly high fashion it I quite like them blushblush

NauticalDisaster Thu 08-Sep-16 13:48:37

I've seen similar crap at Joules and Boden too, it's just dire.

Thumbcat Thu 08-Sep-16 13:48:52

I've been trying to find something nice in there to spend a gift card on but it's just all hideous at the moment. I honestly can't find one thing I like. And everything is embellished to the nth degree. It's like Per Una.

Lweji Thu 08-Sep-16 13:50:12

It's the late 80s/early 90s coming back, isn't it?

DubiousCredentials Thu 08-Sep-16 13:50:17

It's not what I would choose but not that awful.

Actually I bought two light cotton jumpers from Next this morn. And it's been a few years since I thought anything there was worth parting with cash for.

BlurtonOnKites4eva Thu 08-Sep-16 13:52:24

I like the embroidered jacket - there's loads of them around at the moment.

I would absolutely love a wolf jacket though - I'm predicting a comeback for fleeces with pictures. Maybe one with dolphins and moons and stars? Where can you buy them!?

blueskyinmarch Thu 08-Sep-16 13:52:35

My 18 yo DD has a black satin bomber from Zara embroidered like that - this one. It is lovely. Not so sure about it on the sweatshirt but i think a lot of young people might like it and could pull it off.

faffalotty Thu 08-Sep-16 13:54:17

Lweji I think more like early 80s. That's the sort of thing my mum would have bought for me when I was about 10 or 11.

WristBoundLatexBitch Thu 08-Sep-16 13:54:54

Better than what I spotted in new look confusedhmm

Aworldofmyown Thu 08-Sep-16 13:57:03

They have far worse things in there than that at the moment!!

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 08-Sep-16 14:06:30

I had a brochure arrive for a children's clothing company yesterday, never heard of them before and I shit you not, there was a boys shirt with similar embroidery but with a tiger in the middle and matching trousers, shirt was £65 and trousers £75. I think everywhere's gone mad this year. Except Mint Velvet, who are still riding the grey train.

faffalotty Thu 08-Sep-16 14:07:48

it's not just the embroidery on that sweatshirt but the dull, unflattering shape of it.

Lweji Thu 08-Sep-16 14:13:03

Next, you'll have the Sweater Shop making a come back. grin

1moreglassplease Thu 08-Sep-16 14:59:37

I personally wouldn't wear it but don't find it massively offensive. Embroidery is very on trend this season and so is the olive colour. I'm sure it would look great on a younger person who could style it up appropriately.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Thu 08-Sep-16 15:03:36

It reminds me of those Maharishi trousers from the 90s/00s. Japanese style embroidery on baggy khaki trousers. Except not as cool.

Wellywife Thu 08-Sep-16 15:09:10

Not liked much in Next for years. Mind your haven't found many clothes I like anywhere for a long time!

maggiethemagpie Thu 08-Sep-16 15:15:05

It's not absolutely hideous, would it pass the 'If I found it in a skip (clean!) would I keep it and wear it' test? Probably not, unless I was doing some DIY at home or dying my hair or something.

It's not as bad as M and S. At least it's not trying to be 'avant garde'

tabulahrasa Thu 08-Sep-16 15:17:49

My 16 yr old DD has a bomber jacket that colour and with embroidery like that...

I'm thinking maybe that is fashionable, just maybe in a different age bracket.

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 08-Sep-16 15:21:35

Looks Joulesy.

Sleepybeanbump Thu 08-Sep-16 15:28:21

Everything in Next seems massively messed about with at the moment. I keep thinking I might have found something and then click on zoom only to find that actually the cropped jeans have a frayed hem, or the top is glittery or embroidered or backless or something.

Not finding anything nice anywhere at the moment. Except the places that always do their own thing like joules/fat face/white stuff/ Seasalt but even the colours this year are not my thing. Lots of yellow and green and orange.

homebythesea Thu 08-Sep-16 15:28:52

Embroidery is very a la mode this season- Gucci inspired doncha know. That sweatshirt is on my wish list ☺️

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 08-Sep-16 15:29:51

Yuk that embroidered jumper is like something my auntie Pam would wear in the late eighties, with 'jogging' trousers, large glasses and a tight perm.

I think the rules are, if you remembered it the first time it was out, you can't rock it the second time.

Robinkitty Thu 08-Sep-16 15:35:33

I like it. It looks fine to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now