Talk

Advanced search

Knee high leather boots, where to find a good pair?

(5 Posts)
LazySusan11 Wed 07-Sep-16 06:46:02

2 years ago I bought a pair of Gabor boots in fairness have worn them to death as they are so comfortable, however the heel is now knackered and the toes are a bit missshapen now. I'll get them re heeled but would like a nice new pair.

Really want a pair that will last and still look good a few years later, flat and leather.

Looked at Ted&Muffy but not sure what I make of them, can anyone advise on where to look?

Must also be super comfortable as I live in them come September

LazySusan11 Wed 07-Sep-16 11:26:29

Considering the Dubarry Longford in black, however I don't ride and would wear them daily out and about, does anyone have these and can tell me if they're worth the astronomical price tag?

GemmaB78 Wed 07-Sep-16 11:29:09

I bought a fantastic pair in Jones Bootmakers 10 years ago and they are still going strong. They were expensive but worth every penny. Dubarry boots and other similar "country" boots are fantastic but I think they look out of place away from the stables/farm.

LazySusan11 Wed 07-Sep-16 11:31:22

Which did you buy Gemma?

GemmaB78 Fri 09-Sep-16 16:50:15

A knee-length version of these:

www.jonesbootmaker.com/ladies/boots/jones-bootmaker-heeled-shoes-boots-classic-laced-2623402711

But the heel is less blocky. They lace all the way to the knee. Very Victoriana. I love them very, very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now