Talk

Advanced search

Sigh .... Walking sandals

(42 Posts)
Redorwhitejusthaveboth Tue 06-Sep-16 23:15:01

Ok I'm not planning on mountaineering in them but I want some sandals that I can wear on holiday in a few weeks and I want to be able to walk in them all day - and for my feet to still be able to wear sexy heels at night.
They need to be either black or neutral or something vivid like orange.... they need to be pretty, comfy, stylish and modern.
I ordered fit flops Banda roxy slides but they are far too wide (and ugly)...
Any suggestions????

JedRambosteen Tue 06-Sep-16 23:18:22

Some of the Teva styles are more dainty. They are v comfy for walking. smile

EBearhug Tue 06-Sep-16 23:25:50

I have walked miles and miles in my Tevas, all round the world. The current pair has roses across the strap. Some people do not think they are at all pretty, though. I don't care. Comfort is more important sometimes.

They appear to have a sale on just now. www.teva.co.uk/

KARMAisaBtch Wed 07-Sep-16 00:40:50

smile

ftw Wed 07-Sep-16 00:43:04

I swear by my croc flip flops.

Saltwater sandals are also pretty good but no match for the crocs

clatteringhooves Wed 07-Sep-16 10:30:26

Most comfortable sandals i've ever had came from Keen. They have lots of colours and styles too www.keenfootwear.com/en-gb/products/na/women/132,3321

MadisonMontgomery Wed 07-Sep-16 10:33:06

Tevas are good.

PurpleDaisies Wed 07-Sep-16 10:35:47

www.merrell.com/UK/en_GB/jacardia/16484W.html?dwvar_16484W_color=J57606#cgid=womens-footwear-sandals&start=1

I have these. They're not the prettiest shoes I own but they are fantastically comfy.

Blueberry234 Wed 07-Sep-16 10:38:14

I can walk miles in my saltwater sandals

dreamingofsun Wed 07-Sep-16 10:40:21

clarkes do loads....maybe the walking one's aren't that sexy, but you need something with a reasonably thick sole that doesn't have a heel. with anything thin you are going to get sore feet (i got a blister on my second day last year walking with comfy but thin soled sandals)

Redorwhitejusthaveboth Wed 07-Sep-16 19:47:28

Thank you all!!! Some new things for me to try x

Bolshybookworm Wed 07-Sep-16 20:44:59

I bought the Teva terra float sandals for holiday and they were sooooo comfy. Best shoe purchase I've made in ages. With Clarks, watch out for the soles- the last pair I bought from them had a synthetic, leather effect sole and they make my feet really hot and sweaty. Teva are a much better bet if you're walking any distance.

ChishandFips33 Wed 07-Sep-16 21:21:09

Karrimoor and Ecco

Interested in the Tevas though!

Flanderspigeonmurderer Wed 07-Sep-16 21:32:50

Have you tried and other stories? They have some nice sandals with a built up sole.

Cumberlover76 Wed 07-Sep-16 21:48:26

Was coming to say Merrell, I have the same ones Purple and they are so comfy, best I have had. Merrell do some lovely ones, you can probably get cheaper than their website through. I have a number if pairs of Merrells, best shoes ever!

Nettletheelf Wed 07-Sep-16 23:20:43

None of the recommended sandals are pretty, OP, sorry.

DH and I just had a "which sandals are the most hideous" contest after I clicked the links, Teva v Keen v Merrell. Teva emerged victorious.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 08-Sep-16 05:52:55

Teva.

Not in the least but stylish but so, so comfortable. Mine got admired by an elderly lady last weekgrin

I've narrow feet and my first pair gave me terrible blisters, they were heavy duty hiking style but I bought a pair of Teva Tirra and they are amazing and not a blister in sight.

Fozzleyplum Thu 08-Sep-16 06:09:49

Walking sandals are never going to be glamorous, but I love my Source ones.

NannyR Thu 08-Sep-16 06:20:56

I can also recommend source sandals. Not pretty but incredibly comfortable and hard wearing - I've had my pair for 11 years and they've been worn every year, holidays, extended travelling, hiking and they just will not die.
Teva and Merrill sandals don't suit my wide feet and I don't like the enclosed toe on the keens (bits of gravel etc get stuck in there)

Rudymentary Thu 08-Sep-16 06:24:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NineLivesKitten Thu 08-Sep-16 16:12:45

There are some bargains on the Teva site at the moment. Some of them are lovely and not ugly at all.

Oblomov16 Thu 08-Sep-16 16:24:26

Why are they all so incredibly ugly?
Surely there are some semi-pretty ones?

0dfod Thu 08-Sep-16 16:30:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catwithflowers Thu 08-Sep-16 17:12:14

11.5% cash back through Topcashback on Tevas at the moment smile

Bolshybookworm Thu 08-Sep-16 17:29:38

Tevas are not the prettiest but they are currently in fashion:
www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/may/06/fashion-ups-and-downs

At least, that's what I'm telling myself grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now