Talk

Advanced search

Graduation Outfit

(3 Posts)
Pupsiecola Tue 06-Sep-16 18:39:46

Hi everyone,

I am graduating next week. I have no clue what to wear. I'm 46. A size 12. Autumnal colouring so greens, reds, teal. Classic hourglass shape. Need to be comfortable and fuss free. Clingy suits me rather than structured. Largish bust dictates scoop or v neck. The degree is in business - don't think that matters.

Footwear always tricky for me. Likely to be in mid heeled navy suede courts.

I have never even been to a graduation ceremony, let alone starred in one. I've also been asked to make a short speech of thanks on behalf of my class. So I really do need to feel comfortable. My DH and two DSs (13 and 11) are coming too. I want to make them so proud.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Floisme Tue 06-Sep-16 19:46:05

One of our universities has its graduation ceremonies near where I work so you often see them going in/coming out. It's quite mixed. Most people do dress up a bit and some really go for it but on the whole, I'd say smart, reasonably conservative but not wedding or party smart is the standard look if that makes sense e.g. dress, jacket but no fascinator!

People usually take lots of photos so pick an outfit you don't mind ending up in on Facebook or your aunties and grannies seeing. If you're wearing a gradation gown, bear that in mind when thinking about hemlines.

Mid heeled courts sound fine. Good luck with the speech and enjoy,

Pupsiecola Tue 06-Sep-16 21:03:43

Thank you flo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now